Chapter Nineteen; The One

Six Years Later

"Time seems to always go by fast when you're having fun." I started off, staring ahead. "And it seems to go by slower when you're in love," I spoke out, smiling hard. "And when I fell in love with you baby, I swear I fell so hard. I think I got whiplash." I joked. I watched as her eyes twinkled as she laughed, then they watered slightly as I finished my vows. 

"When I first met you, we were just friends. And I swear when you looked into my eyes, you'd be my wife someday. But then life happened and it didn't work out that way right off the back." I stated. I saw tears starting to fall from her beautiful eyes. I reached out, to wipe away them and smiled at her lovingly.

"But life seems to always put you back on track, especially when it's meant to be," I said, licking my lips. "When you came back into my life, we still had some setbacks and some other delays but I think with those delays and setbacks, it made me realize that I couldn't live without you. I mean, I felt that way before but now it was actually true. I couldn't live without you because you were my air I breathed. The wind beneath my wings. You, truly are my everything.

I wiped away more of her tears as they slid down her beautiful face. Her beautiful eyes boring into mine with a look of admiration and maybe even a little bit of amusement. I watched as she smiled brightly and sniffled. 

"I love you," I told her as the crowd awwed.

"And I love you, Noah." she kissed my chin gingerly before sniffling again. I smiled brightly, listening as she said her vows to me. I swallowed hard at certain parts, not wanting to cry. But she looked so beautiful and flawless. It was no wonder as to why I was marrying her. 

She is amazing, beautiful, kind, loving. Everything a man could want in a woman. And I'm glad I found her because I don't know what I would do if it wasn't for her. She helped me through my tough times and didn't even bat an eye. And that's exactly why I love her and want to spend the rest of my life with her.

***

I was talking to some family members when I heard my name being called. I looked back, looking in the familiar brown eyes I fell in love with so long along. "You look amazing," she spoke, pulling me into a hug. I smiled, rubbing her back affectionately, and pulled back smiling at her. 

"Thank you, Shy," I said. "You look good as well." It was almost as if she didn't age. But at the same time, it had only been four years since I last seen her and she wasn't going to go through a lot of changes in those four years but still. She hasn't changed much. "What you doing here?" I asked, I don't remember inviting her but I was still happy to see her.

"She invited me," she said, talking about my newly wedded wife. I nodded and smiled brightly, thinking about the love of my life. 

She smiled brighter, looking down at her leg where there was a little girl clinging to her. I looked down at her as well and noticed how adorable she was and how much she looked like Shyla."Is this her?" I asked, looking into her eyes. Shyla nodded before pushing the girl towards me. 

"Nova, this is my friend. Noah." she introduced. The girl looked up at me, obviously scared and didn't budge from her mother's side. 

"Hi, Nova. You can call me Uncle Noah." I whispered. She stared at me, not giving off any reaction before finally disbanding from her mother's hip and hugged me. I looked up at Shyla shocked. She shrugged. 

"I tell her all the time about her awesome uncle and godfather," she told me. 

"Godfather?" I asked. She nodded. 

"I was hoping you'd agree. I know we haven't really spoken much in the last four years and we didn't leave off on great terms but you are the only person I trust enough where I know that if something happens to me, Nova has people who will love her and can care for her just as much as I did," she explained. I smiled at her brightly. 

"Wow, I wasn't expecting that news on my wedding night," I said, laughing. She laughed too but nodded. 

"I'm serious, No. Please accept." I looked down at the little girl whose face was buried into my chest. I can say right now, that this girl has found a way into my heart easily.

"Why would I decline it?" I asked, giddily.

"Shyla!" I heard my wife call out. I looked over to where she was coming from and saw her smiling at the three of us. "Isn't this so cute?" she asked as she hugged Shyla. I didn't notice any hostility between the two. I mean, they never had problems but still. I'm married to the one I said was just a friend when I was showing interest in the other. 

"What's cute?" I finally asked. Natyra turned to face me and Nova and smiled. 

"You two. You are so cute. I hope you act like this with our kids." she said before kissing me gently. I smiled into the kiss and looked down at Nova, kissing her forehead. 

"We are cute, aren't we?" I joked. I looked over to Shyla who had a huge smile on her face. She tilted her head to the side, she was about to say something but a man walked up behind her just as she opened her mouth. 

"I got you some cranberry juice," he said, handing her a cup. She took it from him graciously before kissing his cheek and looking back at me. 

"Um, Natyra, Noah, this is my boyfriend, Jamal." she introduced. Jamal looked up at me and held out his hand. 

"Nice to meet you," he said. I shifted Nova in my arms, then put my hand into his and shook it generously. He then moved over to Natyra and shook her hand as well. After Natyra shook his hand, she moved so she was standing even closer to me. 

"Congratulations, by the way. Marriage, something huge and life-changing." I nodded as Natyra thanked him, squeezing her body closer to me. I looked down at her, she smiled at me weakly. I watched as her eye twinkled, I knew exactly what she wanted at this moment. I smirked before looking back at Shyla and Jamal.

"Well, I have to go to the bathroom. I'll catch up with you another day, Shy?" I asked. I watched as her eyes twinkled before she nodded. 

"Of course," she said. I handed her back Nova, who had fallen asleep in my arms. "I know you two are married now but use protection the first couple of times," she said with a giggle making me look at Natyra who just smirked at me. "Y'all might want to have kids immediately but have fun during the married life first." 

"Oh, we sure will," I spoke for both Natyra and myself. She blushed, burying her face in my chest. We said our farewells to Shyla and Jamal before walking hand in hand towards the bathroom. 

"Is it safe to say she won't be on your mind anymore?" she asked making me look down at her. I raised my eyebrow. 

"Who?" 

"Her." I rolled my eyes as we got to the bathroom, I pushed her against the wall, kissing her hungrily as I needed her to know how much I loved her and only her.

"Baby, the only woman that has been on my mind for the past five and a half years has been you," I admitted with my lips still brushing against hers. She smiled brightly.

"I love you," she whispered before pressing her lips against mine, I pulled back slightly just so she could hear me say,

"I love you, and only you," I assured her.