Chapter 2

Seeing my brother there looking at me after 6 months. It was shocking and i felt a sudden wash of betrayal. He left me his sister for i guess my sister in law and my niece? Why didn't he tell me? We used to tell each other everything. i felt tears spring into my eyes. 

        I get up and start walking over to him. He starts walking away with his "family" 

        "Chad stop! You've been caught!" I run to catch up and spin him around. i'm surprised i could since he is 22 and was in the army. 

        "How could you? My own brother? We told each other everything! and you couldn't tell me this?! You left me when mom and dad died!" 

        "Mel just hear me out i can exp-" He gets cut off by me crying and punching his chest. 

        "NO! You can't explain! i'm your sister! Your only sister at that! YOU LEFT ME CHAD! I can't believe you would do this! Do you know how many times i've cried myself to sleep knowing i didn't have any family? You were all i had left and you dissapeared." At that point a crowd was around us and i noticed from the corner of my eye that all my friends were in shock. Except Ash who looked pissed off. I thought to myself for a moment that i wasn't just upset with Chad i missed him lots.

        "I missed you.." He said quietly. 

        "I missed you too Chad, But how could you leave me? Especially at a time like that?" I sob.

        "Mel I promise i will explain everything later. I'll come by the house tonight when i drop them off so we can talk?" I nod and wrap my arms around his waist. 

        I missed my older brother with all my heart. I at least have the reassurance that hes okay. No matter what he might put me through i will always love my brother. 

        "I love you and i missed you a lot" i murmur into his chest. His hand is stroking my hair while the other arm is secure behind my back. 

        "I love you too Mel and i missed you tons more i'll see you tonight. Be safe and have fun with your friends till then" He kisses my head and turns to walk away. Ashton is staring at me dissaprovingly. 

        He turns to walk when i grab his wrist and see his eyes pooling with tears. Whats that about? I pull him into a empty area of the store and look him dead in the eyes.

        "Ash I know him being back isn't the best, but i need my brother in my life."

        "But Melanie you cut because he left you, he left you when you absolutely needed someone." He starts to cry thinking about those dark nights. 

        "Ashy I love you dearly for caring for me but hes still my brother and maybe he has a good reason. When he comes to the house you come so that way you can hear for yourself okay?" I rub the tears away from his face and kiss his cheek. I smile reassuringly so he'll give in. 

        "Fine I'll go but if he says anything stupid i'll kick his ass trust me i'm not afraid of Chad." We both chuckle and start walking back to the rest of the gang to continue our fun filled day before a dramatic night. 

Hey guys, next chapter will be up soon but keep reading it'll get better i promise

Well Vote, comment, follow