여섯 : Her X-Mas Dream

--
One Week Later

"Alright, I'm going to be the proper sister that I'm suppose to be and--....nani?", Irene's eyes widen in pure puzzlement when she enters her sister's room and sees it empty. She walks downstairs and was bombarded with the aurora of bacon and eggs.

"J-Jennie?!", Irene exclaims when she steps foot into the kitchen.

"Good morning, unnie!"

"You're oddly in a great mood today. What happened?", Irene chuckles. "But to be honest, are you sure I'm not the one that woke up late?" 

Jennie shakes her head as she flipped the eggs. "Nope, you woke up at exactly the same time you do every morning when we have work."

As she was still quite shocked that her sister is acting oddly weird this morning, Irene asked about Jennie's project and its progress. Considering the fact that she's been noticing that she's only hanging out with Lisa for fun and not for business.

"I'll get it finished. Don't worry about it!", jennie waves it off as she serves Irene her breakfast.  After eating a well-cooked breakfast, they took their own cars to work. Once they arrived they went ahead and did their regular duties as manager and assistant manager. 

As Jennie was helping out at the shoe department, she  gets an unexpected call from Lisa. She answers after the first ring. "Hey, why--" 

Ella is sick! And I'm freaking out, I don't know what to do!"

Jennie hastily ends the call and rushes to her sister up on the second floor who was helping the bag department. "Unnie! Can you take the wheel? I have to go help Lisa with something."

Before Irene can give her answer, Jennie was already out the door and driving out of the parking lot. She let out a frustrating sigh and continued to work at the department.

Then suddenly, corner of her eye she see Chanel walking in to the store. She pursed her lips together thinking if her plan is a good idea to begin with. But she did so anyway and was awaiting for the consequences.

"Mr. Chanel, may I speak with you? It's about Jennie."

--

As soon as she parked in the driveway of Lisa's house, she rushes to the front and rang the bell. Lisa managed to open the door in a second already knowing ahead of time that it was the brunette that stopped by.

"How is she?", was the first thing Jennie asked as she removed her coat and pulled up her sleeves.

"She's upstairs, laying down in bed."

Jennie nods and went upstairs and easily found Ella's room since her room door is the only door that was open. "Hey, remember me?"

Ella coughs but nods. Jennie gave her a reassuring smile that she'll take care of her. She takes her seat next to her and took her temperature.

"You have a high a fever.", says Jennie and lets out a sigh. She soothes out the girl's hair. "Lay down and rest. I'm going to make you some chicken soup to help lower your fever. Okay?"

Ella obliges and lays down, pulling the covers. The manager went down stairs and did what she needed to do in the kitchen. Lisa assisted her while making some small talk. "You know, I was beginning to freak out that you wouldn't come. You were my last hope. Rose and Jisoo are out of town, so I'm responsible for Ella."

"I'm sorry to have hang up on you like that. When I heard Ella was sick, I had to move quickly."

"Either way, I'm glad you came."