Chapter 7

It's been weeks since I heard or seen from Eric. He wasn't at school and I couldn't remember his address to even pull up to his house. I did wanna check up on him though. I called the jails and hospitals and city morgues everyday just to check and see if he made it to one. Knowing the type of dude Eric is I know he gonna go after the guys that kilt his mom. I heard she had a very nice funeral though. I couldn't go pay my respects because I had to work.

I stopped running on the track field and finally caught my breath. I grabbed my water and leaned against the wall. I was tired as fuck.!

Yo ass look great when you run.! I heard a familiar male voice from behind me. I turned around and it was Eric to my surprise.

Your talking to me.? I asked unsure.

I owe you an apology! First I wanna say i am extremely sorry for how I went off on you last time I seen you. You was only trying to help and be there for me and I am sincerely sorry for the way I acted. Secondly I feel even more stupid because if it's anybody know what it's like to lose their mother it's you.! I didn't know your mom passed and I'm sorry for what I said again.! BUT thank you for checking for me everyday I heard you was worried about me.

Yeah well I was just tryna be supportive and your welcome. I know how tough it is to continue life without the most important person not in it.

She was very important but I also have another important person I don't wanna lose either.! He said as he bit his lip looking at me.

Ma'Ciyla come on dude.! Siannah one of the girls that was on the cheer squad called out for me.

Look I gotta go.!

Can I see you tonight.?

I have a ton of homework I'll call you.!

I guess I can take that.! He smiled.

I ran back over there to the girls and led the run again. I wasn't ready to just let Eric back into my life but I did miss him so much and was just happy to see he was alive, well, and okay! I know after I lost my mom it was the hardest thing ever. I tried to kill myself three times. It was times I didn't eat, Times I was in the hospital because I was emotionally sick like depression took over my entire life at the age off 11. And I would hate to see that happen to him.

We finished our run and worked on some new cheers. I was so over the workout routine for today I layed back on the turf heavily trying to catch my breath. Siannah layed back beside me huffing her breath as well.

Soooo you and Eric huh? She asked smiling.

Uhhh no! He's just a really good friend of mine.

A good friend? She rolled her eyes and stood up. "A good friend doesn't look at you with hearts in his eyes. A good friend doesn't sex you with his eyes while you work out. A good friend don't look like you a fine piece of juicy steak cooked to perfection. Yeah he's a good friend alright.!"

Okay now your reaching.! He did not look at me like that.! Plus we're just friends not even friends we have an understanding that's all.

Mmmhm he likes you.! Whatever.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed my gym bag and car keys. I walked off the field and track and left leaving her there. Some people just don't know how to mind their damn business.