Chapter 8

I walked through the mall with Aaron doing a little shopping and talking. Well he talked I just listened. For some reason my mind was just all over the place. With midterms coming up and cheer competitions right around the corner I felt like I had a lot on my plate even though it wasn't. I just wanted to do great at both.

Mama, are you listening to me.? Aaron asked snapping me out my daze.

Huh.,,,,,uh yeah.!

Right what I say than?

EJ....(I guess)

What about EJ? He asked folding his arms across his chest.

Ummmm....

Exactly your not listening.! What's up with you? This is like the 3rd time you done zoned out on me. What's on your mind?

I don't know a lot....a little....

Does this have something to do with a certain somebody? He asked with a smirk on his face.

Nooo....just midterms and the competitions coming up.

Mmhmm....when's the last time you heard from Mr.Eric?

This has nothing to do with him.!

Right sure it doesn't.!

I'm serious.! I'm not thinking about him.!

There he go right there.! Aaron said in a panic which made me panic.

Where? Do I look cute.?! I asked nervously.

Got ya.! You little liar.

I hate you.! I huffed my breath and gave him the devil eyes rolling them.

Girl you got the hots for that boy and if you could get any closer to him you'll burn his ass.!

Whatever I do not.! He was just going through something and I wanted to Make sure he was good.

That's cute.! He said with the puppy dog face making me roll my eyes.

Aaron you get on my nerves.! I smiled shaking my head.

No for real y'all was cute together and shit I liked y'all together.! He made yo Ass smile.!

He did but that wasn't bout nothing.!

Yes it was Ma'Ciyla, I never seen you like that over no dude. I think you should call him and talk to him. If anybody knows what he's going through it's you.!

___________

I was thinking a lot about what Aaron said earlier. I still hurt that my mom is gone and it's been years. I grabbed my phone off the charger than grabbed my keys. I fixed my make up and glossed my lips in my rear view mirror. I pulled off heading to this party I knew everybody would be at.
I walked in calm and cool and everyone was greeting me. I walked around until I found Eric. He was in the backyard sitting by the pool with some girl.

Maybe this was a mistake.!

Yerooo Ma'Ciyla.! Tony called out to me which made Eric look up.! I waved at Tony and he smiled. Eric stood to his feet and smiled. He said something to the girl and she got up and he began to walk to me.

Your here? He questioned confused like I wasn't suppose to be.

I was looking for you actually.!

Oh really.?

Yeah.....

I'm glad to hear. I missed you I hope you forgive me about that shit....I just....I don't know I'm really sorry.! Can I make it up to you.?

And how are you going to do that.?

Anyway you want me too.! It's your world baby I'm just living in it.!

I don't know.! I rather you surprise me.

How about this, we leave this shit go get some food and back to my house. In the morning I take you shopping and a breakfast date.

All that sound good or whateva.! I said with a smile.

Good cause I missed yo ass.! Yo brah take my car home for me. He said giving his keys to one of his friends. We started walking to the car and he got in mine and I pulled off.

Where we bouta eat at.? I asked not knowing where to drive to.

You ever had Benihana's.?

No what's that.?

Get on the 90 and get off like you going towards downtown. What's up doe what you been doing.?

Work, school, cheer.! My main 3 priorities.

Good.! Keep that shit up. You know I been watching you for a long time.

Oh so your a creep now Got it.!!

Naw (he laughed) the way you always carried yourself and your so smart and beautiful. You ain't ran through like half the bitches in school shit like that. You been cheering and your good at that.

Well thank you for noticing. It makes my little heart smile. I laughed. "How are you though, I been worried about you.!" I asked pulling into a parking spot.

I'm alright I guess. When your in the streets like me you have to prepare anything can happen and I mean anything. I just rather it been me that got kilt and not my mama feel me.?

Yeah but everything happens for a reason. It's not your time to go. I been in your shoes I use to think I was the reason my mama got beat by my daddy and that it was my fault.....maybe if she would of just let him have his way with me she would still be here. He beat her so bad over the situation every time he tried coming for me. I tried to step in on that last night, my father beat the both of us so bad he stabbed me in the head, my arms, my shoulders, my stomach. He tried to kill me. But he shot and kilt my mom twice in the head all while I sat there and watched. He than kilt his self after that. I always think we all was suppose to die that night but I got lucky and I survived. If I can survive that I know you can survive your situation.