Tying up loose ends

The dean laughed as his eyes glow red, and an ominous light glowing around him as he formed a sword, pure red, with a white glow. Chloe quickly jumped in front of Samantha ready to protect her from anything the Dean had to throw at them. As the dean swung his sword at Susan, Jack jumped pushing her out of the way, taking the hit. "Agh" Jack grunted as he fell onto the floor, a big cut across his chest as he was bleeding out. Susan's eyes narrowed at the dean as her anger grew. She formed a blue crystal and threw it at the dean, he deflected it and it hit Jack in the leg. Chloe went to hit the dean with a chair, he quickly dodged it and threw Chloe to the ground. Samantha ran to her side, the Dean went to stab her but Susan shoved her taking the damage as she started to bleed out. Samantha slowly backed up holding Chloe in her hands. "What the hell is happening.....Jack...Susan...what is going on...Chloe...." Samantha's life was flashing before her eyes as she looked around, Jack all sliced up and Susan with a big sword in her. Chloe in her hands all bruised up. The dean walked over to Chloe as he aimed a gun at her head. "Next time run while you have the chance." My vision went blank, and I woke up back in class. I looked around as I felt my sanity drop. "Why was this happening? What the hell can I do?" What had seemed really turned out to be my mind racing as I was interrupted by the dean's voice. "3...2..." Before he could say 1, both Jack and Susan jumped on him bringing him down, they were keeping him down as Jack looked back at me holding Chloe. "GO, GET OUT OF HERE!" I stood up but as I went to lift Samantha up, the dean dropped a grenade. I felt my body tremble as I panicked. Susan quickly threw a pebble beside me that shielded me and Chloe. As the grenade exploded, I and Chloe were teleported to what seemed like a park. The shield slowly went away, as people with weird chips on their head went on with their normal lives just kept walking as if we were like them. Chloe slowly woke up and I hugged her tightly. Tears rolled down my cheek, I was at a loss of words. What happened, what was the point, what happened and where were we. Chloe patted my back and hugged me softly.
A stranger tapped my shoulder, as I jumped softly. I looked up at the stranger as he had someone else with him, he slowly removed his mask and Kneeled beside me. "Was the trip up here, okay?" I smiled brightly pulling Jack into the hug as Susan revealed her face and joined in. Chloe laughed, ruffling my hair. As Jack and Susan seemed to be unharmed, they lead us to an apartment to rest up before letting us know about everything. Chloe laid down still a little sore, as I laid beside her. We cuddled and slowly fell asleep, the next morning we were at a coffee shop as Jack finally sat down and looked us in the eye. "It was a simulation, you guys are now in our life, our paradise. The whole thing is stupid actually, we're made to go after useless simulations for them to receive data." Jack sighed as he opened a case with two chips, similar to the ones they had on them as well as everyone else. "These are to help you adapt to our lifestyle, they help grant you eternal life. We aren't actually high school students, we are the test subjects. I myself am 18 and Susan herself is a freshie at only 16." Susan pouted as she sipped her coffee and smiled softly. Chloe and Samantha put their chips on. "Life will be alright for you guys, you'll find we don't use any currencies. As your basic needs are free, and any accessories you wish to have can easily be obtained for simple stuff like jokes or compliments. If you ever need us, you can contact us with your contact sheet provided with the chip. Other than that you'll find a peaceful life and can be whatever you please." And that was the last we had heard of them. Jack and Susan waved goodbye as they walked, Jack looked like a professional with his trenchcoat but Susan looked like a little kid. It was funny, it was sad to bid our farewells even if we could meet up with them. Such a massive build-up, and an adventure. And yet we made it out alive. What now? Where will this journey go? Only time will tell. But for now, I got Chloe. "I love you, Chloe." I said as I hugged her tightly, standing on my tip toes to kiss her." She giggled and kissed me back. "I love you too, Samantha"

        The end, thanks for reading!

Author note: This book was something I can actually say I am proud of, I've worked on it for a full two years now. Improving as I grew up, learning new ways to put interesting plot twist, develop characters, give them personalities. It has been my honor to write this book, and I am 100% satisfied with how it turned out and how it ends. So what's next? You may ask. In short term words, nothing. My other books flopped so I gave up on them, Lockdown was my only book to keep going, keep succeeding, and keep getting reads. I doubt anyone who was here at the beginning is still here, but if you were here from 2016 when Lockdown was released, thank you. It means a lot to have people read my book, especially when I out alot of effort into it. Well i guess this is where my story ends as well, unless i somehow start getting reads on my other book like this one. It's been one hell of a ride, and i have sure as hell enjoyed it. If you ever need any help on anything wattpad related or not, never be afraid to message me. If you wanna get in contact with me. You can message me here on wattpad, or Instagram @astroscave I also have Twitter @astroscave and Discord Astro#0151. Have a very lovely day! And remember to never give up on something if it doesn't work out the first time. Fail just means First Attempt In Learning :) Farewell, my readers.