chapter 5

Reader's pov
You and Toralei had gone to the carnival with Curtis. Toralei told you that she wanted to see the worlds tallest Scaris Wheel which was all good with you. That was until Toralei wanted to go on some of the rides.
"T-T-Tora? You said "Can we go on the bumper cars?"
"Why?" She asked "You don't wanna go on the Scaris Wheel?"
"He's scared of heights" Curtis said
She looked towards you with a curious look. Toralei didn't know that you were scared of heights. You looked towards Curtis and yelled at him.
"Why'd you have to tell her?" You yelled
"___?" Toralei said
You shook your head before running off. Toralei chased after you. Once she caught up to you she noticed that you were sitting at a picnic table. She sat down next to me before taking a hold of your hand.
"Why didn't you tell me?" She said "That you were scared of heights?"
"I w-w-was embarrassed" You said "When I was a young boy some bullies hung me by the feet with a rope high up in a tall tree... And I've been afraid of heights ever since"
You blushed slightly and looked towards the table.
"I didn't tell you because I thought you'd be ashamed of me" You said
"I'm not ashamed of you" She replied "I'm just a little hurt that you didn't feel like you could trust me enough to tell me"
You gripped her hand softly.
"I'm sorry" You said
Toralei then got to her feet and helped you up. She walked you back to the main area to see Curtis and Joe on the bumper cars. She dragged you over to the ticket booth for the Scaris Wheel which instead of seats had medum sized grey boxes with a two seater bench that faced a small mesh covered window that was big enough to see the entire carnival. You got scared and tried to run away but Toralei grabbed your hand and spoke.
"You're not going anywhere because I won't let you" She said "You're going to face your fear"
She dragged you onto the tram car before the guy shut the door and started the ride. As the car raised up you started hyper ventalating. You were extremely scared. Toralei snapped her fingers causing you to look towards her.
"It's ok" She said "Calm down and don't look out the window... Just keep those beautiful baby blue eyes looking at me"
Suddenly the ride stopped. You glaced out the window and saw that you and Toralei were stuck at the top. You then began to freak out. Toralei grabbed your head and turned you around to look at her.
"Remember what I said, don't focus on how high up were are" She said "Focus on me"
She placed her right hand on top of yours.
"Breath and relax" She said
You did that. That's when the operator came onto the intercom.
"I'm sorry to inform everyone that the ride will be stuck for an hour"
You tensed up.
"Wh-Wh-What are we going to do?" You said
"Why don't we make out?" Toralei said "That will help you relax"
"And we're going to make out for an hour?" You asked
"Why not?" She said
That's when she kissed you passionately on the lips. Once the hour was up they stopped kissing and the tram rotated down to the ground before stopping. The door opened and the two of youse emerged from the tram car with messy hair. You had a few scars on you from Toralei's small, sharp claws.

Later that day you and Toralei were at her house. She was putting bandaids on the cuts.
"Tora?" You said "You know what?"
"What?" She replied, putting a bandaid on you
"H-Heights aren't so bad after all" You said
She smiled at you and put the last bandaid on. You then both went to her room and laid on her bed before taking a cat nap.