chapter 6

Reader's pov
You quickly opened your eyes because you'd heard your phone ringing. You quickly jumped out of your bed, smiling brightly because it might have been Toralei. You grabbed a hold of your phone but saw that it wasn't Toralei's caller ID. Hmm. You answered the phone and did hear a familiar voice. One from your childhood.
"Hello, ___" Your Uncle Jason's voice said
During your childhood your Uncle Jason had abused you and experimented on you. You swallowed before saying hello to him.
"H-Hello" You said "U-Uncle Jason. Wh-Why are y-y-you calling me?"
"Oh, my nephew, I'm calling you to ask you to run your father's company, Smyth Labs, under my direction"
A slight smile crossed your face. You knew that it might be a bad idea to trust your Uncle but, by the way he was talking to you over the phone, you thought that he might be a changed man. And, deep inside, you'd always wanted to have your Uncle's love despite all that he's done to you.
After the conversation with your Uncle you immediately texted Toralei about the conversation that you'd had. And, after texting her, she immediately rang you.
"___!" She said "This sounds like a bad idea!"
"But he might be a changed man" You said
"And what if he's not!" Toralei said "What if he's still the same!"
"But..." You began
Toralei cut you off, still insisting that you don't trust him. You got mad, yelled at Toralei over the phone, before hanging up on her. You were going through with this... Still believing that your Uncle was a changed man.

"I'm so glad you decided to take my offer, ___" Your Uncle, Jason, said
"I'm really glad I get to see you again, Uncle" You said, smiling
Your Uncle hugged you which made you happy as you hugged him back. After the hug your Uncle showed you around the place which had you really, really excited. A few people here seemed to know you. And that made sense, this was your father's company. Once your Uncle had finished showing you around he took you back to the front where you'd walked in.
"I can't wait to tell Toralei about this" You said, smiling
"Toralei?" Jason asked
"My girlfriend" You said, smiling
"You'll have no time for her" He said "All your time will be spent here"
"R-R-Really?" You said "I c-c-can't just leave her"
"Well, you'll have to" He said
You shook your head, not wanting to even think about leaving Toralei, before refusing to do so. That made your Uncle pissed off so he slapped you, hard, across the face. A red mark appeared on your face as tears run from your face. That's when you bolted from the place.
You ran straight inside of Toralei's house, and saw that she was in the lounge room. You rushed straight over to her, hugging her tightly, apologizing to her. Toralei noticed you crying and hugged you back, stroking your hair.
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!!" You said
"Hey, it's fine, ___" She said
You looked up at her. Toralei kissed you softly on the cheek before smiling slightly.
"I don't wanna see you hurt anymore" She said "We're gonna get enough evidence and we're gonna get him thrown in jail, ok?"
"O-O-Ok" You said, managing a smile
That's when Toralei kissed you again. You smiled and kissed her back just as sweetly as she kissed you.