Chapter Five - A Christmas Wish

Lorna opened her eyes. There she was, back in her prison bunk. She looked at the clock on the wall. It was seven the next morning. What had happened last night? Was it a dream? It felt too real to be a dream. Then she realised that it was Christmas. She jumped out of her bed and quickly changed, not even bothering to shower. She was too late for breakfast so she went towards the common room in seek of her prison family.

What did last night mean?

As soon as she entered the common room, she spotted her family gathered round a table in the corner.

"Lorna, Hey," greeted Piper as she took a seat next to her.

"What happened last night?" Lorna asked.

"What do you mean?" Piper had a confused expression.

"Last night, with the visions or whatever they were."

"I have no idea what your talking about," replied Piper looking at her as if she was crazy.

"Maybe you were dreaming?" suggested Alex.

"Yeah, I guess so." Lorna knew that what she felt was too real to be a dream but she didn't know what else to call it.

They spent hours talking and laughing. Christmas seemed to be the one day a year that people were a little happier. Usually Lorna would be too but she couldn't stop thinking about Nicky, all alone in Max. Would she have a special dinner? Did she even know it was Christmas?

"Holy shit," said Alex suddenly. Lorna looked around to see what she was taking about. As she looked over at the entrance she was convinced she was still dreaming. There stood a disheveled looking Nicky, holding a net bag over her shoulder.

Lorna leaped up from her seat, letting it drag along the floor and fell into Nicky's arms before anyone else could. She could hear the CO telling her to let go, but she didn't care. She had been given a second chance. She felt Nicky wrap her arms around her waist.

"So you missed me then?" Nicky asked, in the husky voice Lorna had missed so much.

"Just a little bit," she replied, laughing. Lorna finally decided to pull back when the CO threatened to throw her in the shu. She couldn't bear to not see Nicky again.

"I was hoping you missed me more than a little bit," Nicky said, playing along with Lorna's joke. Everything felt so natural between the two, a feeling Lorna couldn't get with anyone else.

"You know I did," she said finally. That was the truth. When Lorna noticed the CO was no longer watching them, she hugged Nicky again.

"Please don't let go."

"Never baby, never," replied Nicky.

This was the best Christmas yet. Getting Nicky back was what she had wished for and finally it had come true.

As she stood there, engulfed in Nicky's warm and loving embrace, she began to think. What would she do about Vinny? She didn't know. But what she did know was that all she needed, was right in front of her.

xoxoxo

There we go. That's the end. This was just a short little epilogue to wrap it up.
I really hope you've enjoyed this as much as I enjoyed writing it. I'll get back to writing Till Death Do Us Part in the new year. Please let me know what you thought. I guess all that's left for me to say is, Merry Christmas!