11. REAL LIFE

THE WORDS THAT NATE SAID TO HER MADE her not really sad

THE WORDS THAT NATE SAID TO HER MADE her not really sad. More mad at the fact that her so called best friend would say something like that.

It had been about a day since that had happen and she didn't want to bother to tell Chris. She didn't want him to stress about it. Hell, he was already stressed about loosing Madison again.

It was late afternoon/early evening. The soft thunder filled the silence of the apartment. After a whole day of binge watching The X-Files and not bothering to answer her phone, she chose to take a bath.

She turned on the singular bath that looked out on the city of Atlanta. As she undressed, she felt the cold air hitting her back which caused her to shiver a bit.

She had no idea what Nate had against Chris. She loved them both. She understood why Nate didn't really care for Chris. But she also didn't understand why he didn't approve the two of them together.

She threw her hair back in a bun, at sat in the water. She let herself relax, but somehow it wasn't the case. Her body physically was relaxed. But mentally, it was far from it.

Chris was a little concerned due to the fact that she always responded to his text messages. But today it wasn't the case. He decided to get roses for the smaller girl, and somehow cheer her up.

After one or two knocks on her apartment door, and no answer. He was lucky enough to find the extra key she kept underneath the doormat. He unlocked the door, and made his way in silently.

Once he could hear her hum a Bing Crosby tune, he knew that she was in there. He opened the door, which made her jump a little before realizing it was just him.

"Jesus, you scared me." She mumbled, before smiling at him. "What's the flowers for?"

"Nothing," He said softly as he took off his hat. "Just thought I'd come and surprise you. Make you dinner or something."

There was an awkward silence. She knew she had to tell Chris about what had happened with Nate. She knew if she kept inside that it would break down their trust for one another.

"The boys found out."

There was silence again as Chris looked at Madison. "They found out about us patching things up again. Jack and Andrew are happy about it but it's just—"

"Nate isn't too fond of it?" Chris interrupted her. She nodded. A loud sign came from the man as she placed her flowers on the counter and sat at the edge of the bathtub. "Yeah, I figured. He's never been too fond of me anyways."

"It's more to it though," She said, faintly above a whisper. She sat up from the bathtub, looking at him. "He went on about my divorce and just some mean and nasty things. It just hurts because I love you both but."

"Wait, Nate said that?"

She nodded. "He called me gullible too. I don't know what's been up with him. It's just been so stressful. I don't want to lose you but I also don't want to lose my best friend."

"But if he's saying those things, then is he really a good friend?" He asked softly, rubbing her neck softly.

"I just don't know how I can do it." She whispered, looking at the ground.

"Do what?"

"Love you both and expect everything will be okay." Her brown eyes shot to his. He gave out a weak smile, before grabbing a rose from the bouquet, giving it to her.

She smiled faintly, holding the rose between her dainty fingers as she looked up at the love of her life. There was a moment of the two looking at each other, before Chris stepped in the bath.

"Chris!" She squealed, as he took off his jacket. Some water splashed onto the floor. "Chris, you're going to flood the apartment."

"Mhm," He said, giving a cocky smile. He got down and hovered her, and kissed her. He didn't care if water was splashing everywhere. He didn't care if he was fully clothed in her bathtub.

The kiss was passionate between the two. Chris loved her touch on his cheek. It made him feel safe. A moment later, he pulled away to take off his shirt and Madison just looked up at him and laughed before his lips were back to hers.

And Chris Evans knew how to make her problems go away.

i was on youtube and i saw a science from batman vs superman (crazy, me? dc? wild) and it was the bathroom scene of clark and lois which inspired me to write this.

comment what you thought!!!