23. REAL LIFE

SHE COULDN'T GRASP THE FACT THAT HER best friend passed away right in front of her

SHE COULDN'T GRASP THE FACT THAT HER best friend passed away right in front of her. It completely crushed her. She experienced heartbreak, but she never experienced something like this.

Two weeks had passed. She didn't want to go out on dates with Chris, due to the fact paparazzi would ask her about the passing which would sting even more than it already did.

Chris did everything to be a support system. Even though she bottled her emotions inside, she knew it was going to take awhile to make the pain go away.

She had a closer bond with Andrew and Jack, even though they were hurting as bad as her. They just wished that things were different. They wished he was still here.

Madison would stay up, playing the piano or just be in Chris' arms, just sitting there... and thinking. And all Chris could think about was if she was okay.

On this night, Dodger sat by the piano as Madison played the piano so softly. Her fingers dancing along each key. Then her fingers started playing a familiar tune, a song that Nate and Madison would sing all the time together. The first song they ever sang together as a band.

Somebody to Love by Queen.

She always remembered the moments before they were signed. Before they were even a band. She would wait tables at the Hard Rock Cafe in Detroit, and that's where she met Andrew. Then Andrew met Jack, which knew Nate. Then the bond grew, and that was history.

But she never suspected that just years later, they would be nominated for six Grammys, winning at least two of them. They were family. But now... it wasn't the same. Nate wasn't here.

She felt like she could've patched things up with Nate before he died. She wished she would have spent more time with him before his unexpected passing. But, it was her selfish actions that took place.

"Each morning I get up I cry a little," Madison sang softly. "Can't barely stand on my feet."

Flashbacks of their first world tour was flashing in her head, as Nate would grab her hand at the very end of the show and raise them up. As if they were a team. They were the best friends that everyone wanted.

Chris was upstairs looking over this lines for a new movie he had signed on. It was concerning for him because he never wanted to leave her alone. He wasn't sure if she was going to completely break.

"Take a look, in the mirror and cry." She whispered, as felt herself to break down. But she promised herself not to have a mental breakdown. "Lord, what you're doing to me."

She let out a shaky breath, as she stopped playing for a moment. She tried pulling herself back together. "I have spent all of my years believing you, but I just can't get no relief." She sang as she started to play the piano.

"Can anybody find me? Somebody to love." She whispered as a tear ran down her cheek. She quickly wiped it away as she got up and made her towards the kitchen, getting herself a glass of water.

She rested against the countertop as she sipped her water. All she could think about were the moments with her and Nate. The moments she spent with him on their tour bus, the moments where they would just hang out. The moments where they had late night chats.

And in her mind, all she could hear was "I love you Madison."

That's when she dropped her glass unexpectedly and she let out a large sob. Chris' ears perked up as he heard this and immediately ran downstairs.

"Madison, Madison!" He yelled as he ran into the kitchen only seeing her with her hands covered. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry." She cried. Chris went over to see shattered glass and water everywhere. He wasn't mad. He just needed to know if she was okay.

She was shaking violently, sobbing and saying sorry. That's when Chris took her into his arms and she collapsed to the ground crying. He rubbed her back and rocked her back and forth, just like the times he used to help her with her divorce. But he knew, this was worse.

The two both sat on the ground, as Chris just let her cry into him. "It's okay, I'm right here. I'll always be here." He whispered in her ear.

It wasn't fair how life had to turn out like this. The fact that the world could never give Madison Roberts a break. But, he knew that he would stay with her no matter what.

He was her support system, for life.

UGH WHY DO I PUT MY BABY THROUGH SO MUCH PAIN. also, im sorry that you guys are sad i killed off nate. i chose to do so last week, it was a spontaneous choice but i knew it had to be done. please don't hate. i'm sorry :(