II

i backed away , feeling so confused.

he opened his eyes , immediately blushing.

i laughed at his cuteness.

“ yes? why did you call me? did you missed me? ” i smiled , trying to play it cool. trying to forget whatever just happened.

“ ah n-no. i w-was confused b-because you were s-staring at m-me. ”

i widened my eyes in shock. have i been staring at him all this time? besides , his stuttering is so cute i just wanna hug him.

“ i'm sorry i didn't mean to freak you out. i guess i zoned out. ”

“ can i sit here? ” he asked out of the blue.

i nodded , pulling out a chair for him.

“ you look cute in glasses, ” i thought out loud. “ uhh wait what i mean- ”

“ you too. you look cute in those glasses too, ” he said , smiling sincerely.

i melted at his compliment , my heart started to beat so fast and a red hue started to spread on my cheeks.

i wanted to thank him but he interrupted.

“ i want to study with you. welllll , i am not that smart and when we first met i saw your textbook and i was blown away by how smart you are. every time i come here , i always notice you studying. what if we become study buddies? ”

omg he notices me every time. i thought i was the only one looking , or maybe staring at him.

“ i'm more than happy to be study buddies. let's start studying tomorrow! ”

i said , not able to contain my excitement.

“ you're so cute ... ”

he muttered the last words. i heard him say ‘ could kiss you ’ but it was probably my imagination.

right?

♡♡♡

wonho and i were studying since we are study buddies now. i was so happy because i get to be around him often.

everyday after school , he will always wait for me outside the library so that we can enter together which was so sweet of him.

“ i like studying with you. you make everything so understandable. you should be a teacher in the future! ”

i laughed at his comment. ugh why was he so cuteeeee! i really wanted to hug him and protect him forever.

before i could reply , my phone vibrated.

a number was calling me. but with just one look , i knew it was the hospital nearby my house because they will always call me to remind my mother about her doctor's appointment.

“ sorry i need to get this call , it's urgent. ”

wonho nodded , “ i’ll continue studying. ”

i ran to the side of the library , not wanting anyone to hear.

“ hello , is this im changkyun? ”

“ yes , but i think you are mistaken. my mom has no appointment tomorrow- ”

“ it's not about that. your mother is admitted to the hospital. she was involved in a car accident while trying to save a child from getting hit by a van. ”

i gasped in shock , trying not to drop my phone. my eyes immediately tear up.

“ can i visit her- ”

“ i'm sorry but not now. she is undergoing surgery because she lost a big amount of blood. you are only able to visit her when she is stable and healthy and doesn't need much rest. it will take quite a while. ”

“ o-okay , thank y-you for informing me. ”

teardrops start pouring out of my eye sockets. i couldn't control my emotions. tears kept flowing and didn't stop.

my body was shaking so hard. i feel to the ground , knees feeling weak.

my mom was the only family i had. my father passed away when i was two and my parents had no siblings.

i really hoped the surgery is a success.

“ changkyun? ”