Chapter 12

⚠️ LIGHT EROTICA ⚠️

This morning I wake up and leave a note for Kura, telling him I'm going to look for food. See, up here because the weather's so cold and there's such a lack of electricity people often create freezers and fridges from the soil itself, storing food either buried in the soil or in hollowed trees. I step outside, feeling the crisp winter air against my mostly exposed skin. I should be freezing, but my stamina and military-style physical shape means I have the muscle mass and stored nutrients, such as iron and vitamins and protein to stay warm for an okay period of time. When I step onto the snow it barely crunches under my Doc boots - fresh and pure, fallen just last night.

I find food stuffed in a hollow tree two miles from the cabin - farther than I assumed - I know because the sun has peaked to 11 am, and 2 Miles usually takes me about 40 minutes at average pace. Yeah, you gotta know this shit when you're an assassin. It's boring as fuck and this is the only time I've ever used it. The food is mostly tinned vegetables and frozen meat which we don't have the time or energy to cook. So I grab some tinned peaches, pears and tangerines, bouncing them in my hands on my walk back, practicing juggling to maintain my slight of hand.

"You we're gone longer than I expected," I smile at him, and he just looks up at me with that ever-present frown. "Well, what did you get?"

"Some fruit," I shrug, placing the cans down. He sneers.

"Gross. I'm craving chocolate,"

"Do you have any nutrition in your diet, Bakura?" I question with a smile and he just gives me the finger, grinding s he pushes himself with difficultly to his feet. I spoon put the peaches and hand them to him, which he eats with an unimpressed scowl. "Anyway, what were you doing all day?"

"I got the shower to work. Turns out it's pumping the water form a filet like outside," he explains. "It's cold but we can use it for hygiene and shit. Dunno about drinking it,"

"We have plenty of snow for that," I roll my eyes. "You've discovered something we could have used the gallons of snow outside for,"

"Shut it," he snaps back.

"I'm sorry," I apologise sincerely, catching myself from erupting into an enraged fight at what is really just his personality. I can't blame Bakura for being Bakura.

It suddenly dawns on me how much I've ruined his life, and a wave of guilt crashes against me, pounding my body with its strong wall of water. I've dragged him from an apartment in Brooklyn, from his friends and hobbies and the life he pretends he never had to this horrific uncertainty far from what he knows. With an assassin on the run, no money on nothing by the promise of love.

Bakura must be so fucking stupid to come with me.

"Marik. Marik!" He yells, snapping his fingers to return me from my swirling nebula of thoughts. Staring at him, I open my mouth to ask a question but before I can he crashes into me, tender lips pressing against my own. "I thought I lost you for a sec there," he whispers.

"Mmm I'm glad you didn't," I wrap my arms around his thin waist, sliding them down to grope his ass and fondle between his thighs.

"Why don't we have some fun?" I propose, sitting him on the workbench and spreading his thighs with my strong forearms. "Let me reward you,"

"For what?" He asks playfully, leaning back and playing with his hair in a captivating, seductive way. Those long fingers

"For putting up with me of course," I explain, drawing down his pants and running my hand up the hard length in his boxers. "You deserve the stars, Bakura. I can give you the next best thing,"

Panting, huskily. "What's That?" A breathless whisper. I lean in closer, grin spreading across my face as I yank his waistband down roughly, exposing his member which I run my hand down slowly, squeezing slightly and sending shivers of pleasure rolling through his body

"To make you see them,"