Chapter Five: Library

Chapter Five:

"That wasn't so hard, right Nicholas?" Mr. Parker slaps Nico on the back.

"Yeah." He slowly nods.

"Well, I better be going." I say looking at my watch. Time for another job.

"Jenna, can I talk to you before you go?" Mr. Parker takes me aside, so it's just the two of us. "Thank you so much for being nice to Nicholas. He's been through a lot lately."

I rolled my eyes. Everyone's been telling me that a lot lately, but what has he been through? Did everyone forget what happened to me? What I've been dealing with.

"I have to go." I quickly take a glance at Nico before looking back at Mr. Parker. "Please, don't tell him about where I'm going and why."

"I promise, I won't." He waves at me as I walk away.

He can never know.

-~-~-~-

"Jenna, can you watch the desk as I go help this fine, young man?" The librarian, Becky asks as she points at a six year old. I nod as she walks away.

It was two-thirty and I was here, volunteering at the library, like I do every Monday. I was currently unpacking the new books while thinking of everything. What has Nico been through? It must be something big for him to be an ass all the time. Why did he move to Smithers? How-

Oh shit!

I dropped the box of books as it scattered all over the floor. I sat down behind the counter and began collecting the books when someone cleared their throat.

"Excuse me, do you know where I can find the comic book section?" Someone speaks from the other side of the counter.

I stand up, carrying the box and turn around to find Nico standing there. Ugh! Why is he always around? Maybe because it's a small town, genius.

"What are you doing here?" We both say at the same time which makes me laugh a bit.

"Um.." I look around the library.

Don't tell him, don't tell him!

"I'm volunteering." I place the box on the counter.

"So, you work at the diner, deliver mail and volunteer at the library? Damn girl. Anything else?" He chuckles.

Well I also volunteer at the SPCA, but I wasn't going to tell him that.

"Oh, you were looking for the comic book section, right?" I ask as he nods. "It's down the stairs and to the right." I smile a bit before realizing he's a jerkface.

"Okay." He walks away with his head down and hands in his pocket.

Nico's POV:

"Excuse me, do you know where the comic book section is?" I clear my throat. I wanted to start reading The Walking Dead comics.

I stand there for a minute until someone stands up behind the counter and turns. It's Jenna.

Shit! What's she doing here? I've been trying to avoid talking to her!

"What are you doing here?" We say at the same time, making her laugh.

Her laugh's adorable. Wait what? Nico! You hardly know her!

"Umm." She looks around the library before placing the box she was holding, on the counter. "I volunteer here."

So, you work at the diner, deliver mail and worked at the library? Damn girl. Anything else?

Fuck! Did I just say that out loud? I chuckle a bit, trying to stay calm.

We stare into each other's eyes for a quick second before she realizes why I'm here.

"Oh, you were looking for the comic book section, right?" She asks and I nod. "It's down the stairs and to the right." She points and then smiles at me.

"Okay." I grin a bit.

Her smile is adorable. Just like everything else about her. Wait, Nico! Did you just call her adorable? She thinks you're a jerk! (Maybe you are sometimes, but seriously!) You don't deserve her!

I think back to the first time we met. (Yesterday) Her eyes are such a warm, chocolate brown. I can stare at them forever. Wait, Nico, stop.

I walk towards the stairs with my hands in my pockets.

Nicholas Dallas, what the heck is wrong with you? Are you having feelings for a girl, you met yesterday?

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

 I dare you guys to do what I've done! So the other day I went to a local library and I picked the first book I saw and chose to read it! (While I was picking a random book mine turned to be a Christmas one, but hey! It's never to early for Christmas!) This was an amazing idea! The book i read was perfect and cute!

Do you ever read a book and it just makes you smile so much it makes your day?

QOTC: What's your favourite book or series?

I love so many books! They're my life! Literally when I'm done I feel like reading can help me relax. It's like going into a whole other world! AND boys in books are much better! They're perfect!