Chapter 2

Please vote.

Tension filled Christina as she got out of the car. She was so far out of her comfort zone, but she had to prove a point, trepidation filled her as she followed Sarah. Upon entering the building, she found herself pleasantly surprised. Instead of loud music making her headbang, she encountered a nice cozy mellow environment. It was an upscale bar with a lounge feel that put her at ease. She just wasn't prepared to grind all night long with some unknown stranger. The bar was softly lit and invited conversation. It was then, she noticed the two men at the bar. They sat side by side and they were in casual wear. The darker haired one was a couple of inches taller and seemed much more imposing. She realized, she stopped as her eyes latched onto him scaling him from head to toe. Receiving a tug from Sarah she knew she had paused too long. She hurried behind her friend, glancing back for one last look. Her breath caught as his green eyes pierced her. She felt the blood rushed to her face. Damn it, he caught her. Hearing Sarah's snickers, she now knew she was aware of everything that transpired.

"Why didn't you say something?! I've totally made a fool out of myself. He caught me!" They sat at a nice little table off to the corner and away from the bar. It was still in sight, so Christina figured she could still sneak peeks at the delicious looking man at the bar. He probably was out of her league anyway and experienced. She could feel her neck heating up at the last thought. Why was she thinking about sex anyway? She needed a drink. Like magic, two drinks appeared. She studied the drink in front of her.

It was in a short glass and amber in color.

"Just drink it. See how it taste." She looked at Sarah with one eyebrow raised as the leggy blonde began drinking her cocktail.

"But where did they come from?"

"Sometimes you're so oblivious Chris. The guys at bar...does that ring a bell?" Sarah said turning to wave at the men. Christina grabbed her hand.

"What the hell are you doing? They're going to come over here. I can't do this." The panic raced around in her veins; she still couldn't help glancing at the dark-haired man. She quickly averted her eyes and her legs automatically clasped together. What was wrong with her? Why was her body acting this way?

"Chris calm down, they aren't going to devour you," she said trying to place a reassuring hand on her. Christina didn't understand how Sarah could just be so calm and relaxed. She hated social interaction.

"This is going overboard; I'm clearly out of my element. Eek! They're coming this way. Hide me!" she said desperately, as her eyes shot around the room looking for an escape route. Sarah simply smiled at her.

"You little devil you purposely called them over here! I'm leaving!"

"Oh, sit down Christina; it's not the end of the world. Who knew a little intellectual conversation would scare the child prodigy off." If there was one thing Christina prided herself on, it was her intellect. Sarah knew this and took advantage of the fact, calling her out. Christina tossed her drink back. The burning feeling at the back of her throat made her feel better.

"Let the games begin."

***

Matt and Collum entered the lounge area. The bar looked very inviting tonight, its cherry oak wood shined in the soft light. Immediately the bartender served them their drinks. Matt had a scotch on the rocks, while Collum had a long island.

"I was prepared to be uncomfortable for the rest of the night, but you've done well my friend," he said sipping from his drink and looking around. There were already a few women there who'd tried to catch his eye, but they weren't exactly what he was looking for. Not that he was looking anyway.