Felt helpless

Manik came to his chamber, sent Siya to bring vydhu, she walked away, Manik came to Nandini and found still sleeping, he tried to touch the feet above her wound with so much care, she just hissed Manik got angry like hell.

Vydhu came, Siya called "Yuvaraj vydhu came"
Manik got up from bed and stood my her head and said "come in"
Both came in
"Now tell me how bad is her wound? Why is she sleeping like this?"
"Yuvaraj she burnt it very badly, she is in deep pain so I gave her medicine to sleep so that she will have less pain when she wake up the pain may minimise to some extent"
"How many days it will take her to cure?"
"May be till poonam she may be ok"
"Means fifteen days?"
"Yes Yuvaraj"
"No other way to cure her fast?"
"No yuvaraj skin is burnt too much"
Manik closed his eyes to control his anger.
"Ok daily come and check her till she cure totally"
"Ok Yuvaraj daily morning I will come and check rani sa"
"Ok"
Vydhu did Pranam and left.

Manik looked at Nandini, she is sleeping but her face is frowned a little, Manik sat besides her and removed her frown from face, she is sleeping still. Manik felt all of sudden lonely.

Since from Nandini entered his life, he always made sure that she is near him, after marriage he never left her alone even when she was at Chauhan's house he visited her. After their love making, she feels tired and sleeps in his arms as a baby, Manik daily watches her sleeping, her face would be like a sleeping innocent baby, but now it is showing pain immense pain in her expression.

Manik felt helpless. He want to remove all the pain from Nandini body, he is very much possessive about her soft skin, actually he is obsessed with Nandini, he want her by his side always giggling seeing him with wide eyes always blushing. He touched her soft cheeks with his thumb. He felt more bad.

"Why my life is so messed up? Why can't I be happy?   Why can't it be simply? I want simple life, being Yuvaraj is always a tough job for me rather than a heritage for me" .

Since from childhood he worked hard to keep himself  available to common people, and he want to minimise the burden of his father.

In this process he lost his childhood same time he got five wives, whom he tried, tried a lot to be a husband to them but everytime he got betrayal from them, now when he final got what he want from Nandini, they again betrayed him first Hema now Latha.

Manik hand got slight stiff he turned to his hand and found his hand been held by Nandini, he looked at Nandini she stirred in sleep as a result her leg got contacted with bedsheet, which made her get pain more, she held Manik hand in pain but she is still in deep sleep. Manik came to her leg, made her sleep straight and kept a pillow under her leg. So that she won't get in contact with any cloth.

Manik's mothers came to meet Nandini, when they heard about her. Leelavati walked in, Manik seeing his mothers stood by a side.
"What happened yuvaraj?" They asked
"Latha did it" Manik said in very low voice
All gasped "How is she?"
"Sleeping"
"Son!!! Don't get angry on her when she wakes up, let her cure first" Radhabai said
Manik nodded as a good boy.
Leelavati came to Nandini touched her face softly "I don't know what to say? She is so good at herself that we can't say anything, and all are becoming cruel day by day, I need to make things correct"
"This time let me do MA sa" Manik said with anger.
"Yuvaraj But" Padmavathi tried to convince him seeing his anger
"Na MA sa they crossed the line of humanity this time they need to be punished"
"We will see it later first take best care of her" Leelavati tried to lighten the situation
"Ok MA sa"
"Did you eat Manik?" Padmavathi asked
"No"
"Go and eat I will sit with her go son" she pleased him
He want to deny but he never denied any of his mothers, he walked out, Radhabai called dasi and asked to bring food, she served the food and sat with him till he finished
"Don't worry Manik she will be fine"
"She got mark of burn on her skin" Manik said with rag
"Manik cool down please you can never loose your calm son"
Manik closed his fist and eyes to control
Radhabai hugged him softly patted his back "You need peace son"
"She is my peace MA sa But all the ladies want to harm her"
"No no don't think just go to her and sit with her"
"Ok MA sa" he finished food and washed hands came to room again.

All three mothers came out, and walked to their room, Manik is sitting besides her all time.

Late in the evening Nandini woke up, Manik is by her side. She hissed in pain, Manik made her sit on bed leaning back. She looked at Manik she got scared "Hukum" she called softly.
Manik looked at her, "not now Nandini let me take care of you properly now you just relax" Manik called dasi asked them to clean Nandini face and do shringar, they did, he even asked them to make her hair neat they did and added flowers, Manik brought milk for Nandini and made her to drink all.
"Siya go to kitchen prepare something lite food for her and bring fast" she ran to kitchen.

Nandini leaned back closed her eyes as it is burning hell, the pain is still fresh which she is unable to control she want to scream and shout in pain but seeing Manik face she couldn't.

Manik took the butter, from side table and with help of feather he started to apply all over leg to easy her pain. She hissed even by touch of feather "is it paining Nandu?" Manik asked softly
"Yes Hukum" Manik tears dropped on her cheeks
Manik started blowing air to make her pain lessen
She couldn't bare the pain of burnt she started to cry Manik hugged her and started making circles on her back to make her feel better "just be strong Nandu it will heal in no time just hold please"
Nandini stopped crying when she felt she couldn't cry more Manik wiped her face with wet cloth
"Why can't you be safe Nandu? I can't see you like this in pain" Manik said wiping her tears
"I never been careless Hukum in kitchen how this happened I don't know, god grace was with me, kids are safe if anything happened to them I would have killed myself" Manik closed her mouth with his long fingers
"Chup!!!!! Don't you dare say such words come on sleep properly"
"It's paining Hukum"
"I know just lean I will keep it safely"
"No no please I beg you don't touch my foot"
"Chup you brainless girl let me help you properly"
"Dasi will do that"
Manik already lifted her foot and placed on pillow safely"
"I will get sin Hukum let me touch your feet please"
Manik stood near her and let her touch his feet as he know she won't listen to him in this thing.