Threat

Ladybug leapt from the top of a building and landed on a rooftop. She sighed heavily, flashbacks from a few minutes ago plaguing her thoughts.

"You're nothing more than a friend and you never will be!"

She felt so guilty for breaking Chat's heart like that, but...she couldn't betray Adrien. They were superheroes, for crying out loud. And besides, there were so many other girls in Paris he could date. Her heart twinged with guilt. He would probably be fine, right?

A sudden set of footsteps right behind startled her. She assumed it was Chat, coming to convince her to accept him again. Her head hanging low, she got up and turned around to face him. "Look, Chat, as much as you want me to accept you, I just can't do it, okay. We spoke about-" A clawed gloved hand made its way to her neck and tightened its grip. "Oh that won't be necessary, My Lady. I don't fucking need you anymore." Her eyes widened, a strangled gasp escaping her throat. "Ch-Chat Noir?"

His suit was pure white, and his eyes were a bright yellow. He chuckled  and spoke into her ear softly "Not Chat Noir, ma cherie, it's Chat Blanc now." With this, he lifted her up by her neck and pressed her against a brick wall. "I'm just here to return the favour. And get a pretty set of jewellery for my good friend Hawk Moth," he purred, drawing a knife out from behind him. "Ch-Chat! What's gotten into y-you?! This isn't you!" Ladybug yelled, clawing at the hand gripping her neck. "Let me purify the akuma and I'll give you a chance!" He tilted her chin up toward him and growled "Chance? I don't need any of your empty promises. You have noone left, Ladybug. Just like me."

He gently drew the cold, glittering  blade across the part of her neck that wasn't under the protective suit. Ladybug shuddered, a few tears beginning to form in her eyes. "P-please Ch-Chat...don't do th-this..." she pleaded, the tears slowly beginning to cloud her vision. "It's too late. And besides, this won't hurt a bit."

He raised the knife above him, and brought it down.

Drops of blood began to fall onto the ground below him, with a piercing scream of pain cutting through the silence of the night.

The first cliffhanger! Hope Ladybug is okay! I also wanted to say thank you to the guys who read the first chapter. It may not be many of you, but it meant a lot to me, like a personal achievement!

See you guys in the next chapter!