Decisions

Ladybug stepped back, watching Chat Blanc tumble to the ground. Her eyes widened in shock as she watched him twitch violently.

"Chat," she whispered, softly stroking his golden locks of hair. "I know you're in there somewhere. Please, don't let the akuma take over you completely. I need you, Chat, the real Chat Noir..."

His head snapped back to her direction, his eyes glowing a bright white color. "L-Ladybug...please save me from...th-this monster..." Blanc stuttered, beads of sweat dropping from his head.

His body began to jerk violently as he began to scream in pain. Purple mist formed around his body as he suddenly stood up.

Baring his teeth, he spoke again, "I won't hurt Ladybug! She's trying to save me!"

And yet again, he spoke, this time, his voice sounding more deep and sinister, "Why do you want to have mercy on an ungrateful brat like her? Finish her, and you'll never be heartbroken again."

Tears spilled down Ladybug's cheeks. She knew the truth now, and she wasn't going to let Hawk Moth manipulate Chat's mind. The real him was still somewhere inside, fighting the akuma.

And she would help him fight it.

"Chat, fight the akuma! Don't let it take over you!" she yelled, tears pouring down her cheeks. "I'm sorry for ever rejecting you! I know the truth now and I won't hide it from you any longer..."

---------------------------------------------------

His mind was tearing apart.

He didn't know what to do.

Two voices kept on screaming at him to take conflicting actions.

He didn't know the truth.

"....I know the truth now.... I won't hide it from you any longer..."

As soon as Ladybug uttered the words, everything inside him calmed down.

Only one thought ran through his mind.

He was going to be set free from all the mental torture.

---------------------------------------

"Chat...the boy I loved....was no other than you yourself....in your alter ego, Adrien...." she began, shakily. "I...rejected you....because...I loved the other you..."

A horrible feeling rolled in the pit of her stomach as she continued. "I was so wrong...for rejecting you...thinking it would make Adrien fall in love with me...Ch-Chat...I'm s-sorry..."

Suddenly, Blanc began to chuckle loudly. He looked at her, an mixed expression of amusement, pity and anger lining his features. She looked at him, not knowing whether to feel hopeful or disappointed. His glowing white eyes then turned into a dark purple color. 

"He...he...he"

In less than a second, he had tackled her to the ground, his hands gripping her neck suffocatingly. The wind knocked out of her lungs, she gasped for air, struggling to break free from his grip. Her arms and legs were pinned down in a way that rendered her completely immobile. The words that she attempted to utter were choked back by his grip on her throat.

"Sh-Shut the fuck up, Ladybug...I really don't need your sappy apology..."

Tears started to form in his eyes.

"You can't start loving the other me just because you know my identity now...love doesn't work that way," he said, "Adrien...and Chat Noir may be two different personalities...but they both belong to the same person...and if you break Chat's heart...you break Adrien's heart too..."

Suddenly, she heard a small click noise that soon alerted her to the detransformation process. Her eyes were wide and pleading, silently begging her former partner to stop and come to his senses to which he only responded with a slight huff.

"I've made my decision, Ladybug...and now I know you aren't worth anything to me anymore..."

His grip on her neck loosened, allowing her to breathe once more, but right before doing so, her eyes caught a flash of red which were objects she didn't have to even think about questioning.

Marinette Dupain-Cheng remained on the spot where Ladybug once was. Even though Chat Blanc was nowhere near her, the words still caught in her throat before she spoke them. A sharp pain shot through her chest as her head hung low in both heartbreak and despair.

As he started to walk away, only two words escaped his lips; the last two words she knew she would probably ever hear from the love of her life,

"Goodbye, Ladybug."

That night, noone saw or heard her tears and cries of pain.

Hey readers, I am back after an eternity and I hope you enjoyed the chapter! It was super heartbreaking to write, but it will give way to more possibilities in the future.

I only have a couple of things to say, and I'm going to start with saying a HUGE thank you to everyone for 1.1k reads on this story! I seriously never expected this many reads on a crappy piece of fanfiction like this but again, it's such a honourable pleasure to know that people enjoyed it so much! Again, thank you guys so much! I love you all!

The second and final thing is that I am going to start being more active here on Wattpad. I've missed so much, and it's high time I began updating even though I'm writing my exams just next week lol. I really hate my tendency to procastinate and the darn writer's block, but I guess the inspiration comes at odd times so yeah! I will also be updating my other fanfic, which is on my profile if you wanna check it out. Also, you can check out my other story that I wrote during the writer's block, which is a really sad story, yet I'm really happy as to how it turned out! Be sure to check that out as well!

Again, thank you lovely readers!

Lots of love,
Artistic-Chan <333