mean while the pen is stronger than the sword

Xerxes sat at the counter reading one of her favorite books to pull off the shelf of their small, neat, and quaint bookshop on the edge of town. In all honesty it was their favorite not because of the story or anything it was because it was one of the few books she could read. The book was printed in braille, for they were blind. Their assistants were usually in, but today had proved to be quiet so they let them go home early, quite a grave mistake.

Ding Ding

They looked up from their book like it made a difference, but it made it seem as if she did have her sight.

"Hello how may I help you?" They spoke with kindness in their voice.

"Oh darling, no need I know what i'm looking for." The customer walked away and disappeared into the shelves of numerous books, each spine with braille bumps to let xerxes know which book was which in their filing system. Their  customer gave her a weird vibe and she didn't like it. Xerxes' friends and employees usually make jokes out of it. But in the end their hunches would turn out true and the feelings people give off leading all of them to seek xerxes advice when need. They were considered by their friends to be a motherly figure in their little group of friends. Their continuous loving nature, their ability to soothe your problems away, and their all around kindness towards anyone they felt worthy according to their vibes.

"Actually, ma'am i'm so terribly sorry for this but I can't seem to reach my book." her voice was similar to that of a small child trying to innocently ask for something.

"Oh of course, I'll be right there," they hopped up from their stool behind the counter, placed their bookmark inside their book, they were nearly done with it anyhow, grabbing a larger step ladder and dragging it over to the woman."Okay now which book are you looking for miss?" They spoke gently while placing the ladder in front of the shelf.

"I'm sorry if its too much trouble but that one up at the top of the shelf, all alone and worn out."As they felt their way up the shelves looking for the top one they found themself having to step up another step and though it was a little shaky they had to step up yet another step.

"What book is it, er.. whats the name of the book?" They asked as they began to feel the spines of the books reading the titles as they felt along the spines of them.

"Oh no, sorry darling just up one more shelf." There was only one book on that seventh shelf and xerxes thought their bookcases only had six shelves although they may have counted wrong, though they never counted wrong.

"Is it called..."they read the spine with her fingertips,"fall before the rise?" They reached for it but slipped a bit causing the old rusted ladder to wobble majorly.

"Madam could you please help keep this up?" They spoke with intense concern and fear but no response except for somebody kicking down the ladder. They tried to grip onto something to keep them from falling but they instead brought down all the lovely books to clash onto themselves. They fell being piled by the whole lot of books and cracking their skull on the ladder as the shelf itself made an unsettling shifting noise. They weren't able to tell what was happening anymore, for  was in a world of pain and losing consciousness. "It's over, isn't it? My down fall, huh?" A pun, that is what her last thought would be her as the giant shelf fell down right on top of her, crushing the life and breath out of her body. Her already dark world turning to a darker pitch black as she slow saw an illuminated screen before her.

____________________________________

_____[GAME OVER]_____

}Respawn{
{Quit}
____________________________________

Back to the prince and the chimera

"Well, I had some but not anymore I want expecting to find anyone," the prince spoke as if he was either embarrassed or trying to hide something.
"Okay pretty boy, then do you know where a river bank or shallow lake is nearby, I just really need some mud," jayden was slightly irritated with the prince, realizing she'd rather be alone already disliking his company with how he speaks to her as if he didn't call her monster a few moments ago.
"Listen im sorry for calling you a monster, could we get along now, and I believe that there is a quiet stream nearby." He tried to by helpful and sincere in his apology but him apologising directly after her thinking about put her on edge.
"Well could you show me the way so you could leave the damage is done, and at the moment I do not wish to see or hear from you." She spoke her mind wishing he would just leave already.
"Its this way,"he pointed the direction and lead her through the trees,"though if you wish for me to leave I'll leave you be, uh but please let me make it up to you!"
"And how are you planning to do that."
"How about I invite you to a feast?"he spoke excitedly hoping for her to say yes.
"Uh" seeing his excitement this time didn't make her want to slap him, this time at least, but instead possibly accept his offer,"well um...." he began to be giddy for her answer, and she began to wobble back and forth on her heels and her voice got quiet,"I guess it couldn't hurt, it's a free meal not like I've had a proper meal in awhile, and...." her voice grew once more," an-and you have to make sure no one makes fun or judges me for for you know."
He quickly went from giddy to serious,"of course, I promise no one will say anything wrong or mean to you, and if you don't mind you'd have to dress up a little bit, but-but ill pay for any clothes if you'd let me take you shopping, please." He wanted so bad to have her come.
"Okay but firstly I want to come back to my little glade, after and if it goes well you can consider your wrongs righted and maybe me a friend." She turned away seeing the stream come into view.

This chapter is being revised to fix a characters name an pronouns