Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Christine’s POV

                One word to complete my summer day- Seashore. I don’t swim by the sea, not because I don’t know how to, instead I come up with my just-found-out routine: take my usual spot by the seashore (away from the usual crowd, might as well add that), watch the early morning sun (I can’t make it to watch the sun rise), read novels, sketch( I don’t know how to sketch though), watch people, write in my diary (you probably prefer it, journal), then watch the sun sets. I’m not the tanning type, my usual spot is under a big, leafy isolated tree, where only couples wanting to strand each other can find interest in because, it’s the furthest. I live near by the sea, actually we own small resort, but I love it here in my usual, it’s quiet, peaceful, complete package of freedom- minus the couples making out. The regular couples are my cousin, Jake and his girlfriend, and Stacy and Mark, the couples who are kind enough to say sorry after stuffing contaminated ‘pleasure sounds’ on my brain. At first I would leave them, but when I got use to ‘it’, I wouldn’t leave my spot, I just can’t. I’m joking,  it’s just hard to find another spot. Believe me, I’ve tried but there is nothing to avail.

                Summer by the seashore-in General. Hot temperature, kids running, Frisbee,  beach volleyb, bikinis, speedos, girls pointing at guys, guys on a board, guys checking out on girls, girls responds, guys walk towards the girls, then, both magically disappear by the bushes.

                Summer by the seashore-for me. Exactly my routine.

                I went home when my mom called to eat lunch with my grandparents. I love them, period. We are all seated, taking bites while talking, harmoniously. When we were done eating, we’re settled in the veranda, my grandma is going to make an announcement.

My grandparents stay here ‘till last week of summer. “Will you come with me when I go home, sweetie?” my grandma asks me.

“I would love to grandma, but isn’t summer will be ending. Then, school will start.” I answered.

“I mean, come with me and stay for a school year?” she ask, with now hope in her eyes like a kid asking permission to paint a new neat-white shirt with mud.

Can I? I mean, it would be great but my spot, my tree, my sand, my sun, my shade and even my regulars. Am I ready to separate ways with them? Yes, of course, if it’s for my grandparents.

I look at her “Depends with my mom-,” then I look at mom, my eyebrows up hoping for approval. My mom nods, I shift my gaze to my dad, “dad?”, then he smiles and nod. “YES! Yes grandma I’m coming with you.” I stated, facing my grandma and hugs her.

                 I excuse myself to watch the sunset. I went to my usual spot. I sigh “Take care.” Then I watch the sun sets.