Chap 7

Eun-Mi's POV:

The past few months had been hectic, our schedule being packed with promotions, and right after, we were thrown into intense training to prepare for our first concert after the hiatus. Ha Rin and Min Ji's solo activities during our group hiatus had expanded our fandom widely. And hence, the very first concert after our year long hiatus was highly anticipated and the industry had high expectations of us, expectations we were determined to meet.

And, during the period of our promotions, I had made plenty friends in the industry. I had grown close to several legends in the industry, actors, idols and comedians alike. In fact, Kim Taehyung of BTS, Junhui of Seventeen, and I have been labelled the Dangerous Crazy Trio of the industry. But then again, playing pranks on dangerous people like Suga and Woozi and living to tell the tale is no easy feat.

But, despite having made so many friends, and maintaining close contact with BTS, I hadn't managed to befriend Jungkook, who still seemed to avoid interacting with other idols, especially females, more than required. He was still an awkward shy kid around girls, be it on stage or off camera. But, it was no secret among my members or friends that I had a soft spot for Jungkook in my heart, and they left no opportunity to tease me about it, like now.

"Eun Mi ah! Igo duguyah?" Taehyung asked me with a teasing tone, pointing to my lock screen. It was a picture of Jungkook in a hood, his hood and mask hiding his face almost completely. It would have been difficult for other people to recognize him. Well, other than ARMY. His fans were a crazy bunch of people who deserved seats in various Investigation Bureaus around the world. But, having lived alongside said person for almost 5 years now, it was an obvious that he knew exactly who was on my lock screen. Of course, Jun joined in.

"Aigoo! Is my Eun Mi still suffering from this one-sided love?? I told you to just kidnap him! Should we help? I can find a secure place to lock you two in until you make him fall for you!!!" He suggested with a straight face, his tone holding no humour. Tae stared at him immediately, an unimpressed look on his face, while I had a contemplative look on my face.

"Stop corrupting our baby, Jun! She might take your words seriously!!!!" Tae shouted, grabbing my hand and dragging me away, muttering about barmy dongsaengs who don't respect their sunbaes!

"Hyung, wae? Am sure Jungkook sunbae won't complain! I mean, have you seen her stage costumes lately?" Jun shouted and immediately, a deep blush appeared on my face as I hid behind my hands.

"Aish! This byuntae!! I shouldn't have let you talk to Namjoon Hyung!" Tae shouted, before suddenly he was on a call with Joshua.

"Jisoo yah! Jun needs some... wait no, a lot of holy water... Again!" He cried into the phone as he pulled me away. I couldn't stop the urge to giggle even as I got into the car with him. I burst out into laughter when I saw Jun pouting at us as we drove away, leaving him stranded.

Later that evening, I found myself summoned to the CEOs office with the girls. We would have assumed it to be a meeting to plan for our comeback if we didn't already know that wasn't the case. Min Ji still had her schedule packed with her drama shooting for the next month, and Ha Rin was releasing her second solo album in two weeks.

So, I entered the room with the girls, confused and anxious, but also curious, only to find a stranger... with a very familiar face. Well, familiar to me. Seeing the recognition on my face, Ha Rin leaned in to whisper softly. "Let me guess, another someone connected to BTS?" The soft blush that bloomed on my cheeks was confirmation enough for her as she shot me a teasing smile. It was no secret even among the staff of the company that I loved BTS.

The smile quickly disappeared from our faces as the door opened behind us and the CEO stepped in. We bowed deeply, waiting for them to get seated before we took our seats in front of him. I waited as the CEO introduced the guests to us. As I already knew, one was indeed the manager of BTS. The other was introduced as a staff of SBS. And, why they should be here together, I had no clue. We introduced ourselves to them before turning to the CEO, waiting on further instructions.

"They are here about this years' SBS Gayo Dajeon. They are planning a special opening collaboration stage with members from groups that have debuted in the last two years." He started and we all immediately understood, looking at each other. We had a silent conversation, speaking with our eyes and subtle gestures. It wasn't long before Ha Rin turned back to the CEO, slipping into her role as our leader.

"Min Ji's schedule is already packed for the next month. Adding any more practice sessions would be putting her health at a risk. Hence, she will have to opt out of the special stage." The CEO only nodded in understanding. Everyone knew that we cared more about our health than anything else. And none blamed us. After all, only if physically fit can we can give our best. Ha Rin nodded back in gratitude for his understanding.

"Eun Mi and I can re-schedule our events to fit in a few practice sessions if required." She stated then, conveying our acceptance to take part in the special stage.

The CEO shot us a proud smile before gesturing towards the BTS manager. "Big Hit has confirmed the participation of BTS in the special stage. We are awaiting confirmation from the other labels. We will get back to you in a day or two about the special stage." He stated.

An hour later, I found myself entering a café, only to be pounced upon. "Eun Mi ah! We will be performing together!" Taehyung shouted as he squeezed my breath out. I heard the girls chuckling softly as Yoongi spoke up. "She definitely won't be alive to perform at all if you don't let go of her now." Jin pulled Taehyung away from me, flashing me a soft smile.

Suddenly, Ha Rin was standing beside me, her face almost expressionless. I knew she had slipped into what we had dubbed her 'leader mode'. Min Ji hit her head softly as she stood next to her. "We aren't at an interview Ha Rin ah!" She whispered before turning to Jin. "Annyeonghaseyo sunbaenim." We greeted with a smile, bowing down respectfully, before looking at Ha Rin, who still looked confused.

"Leave her be, she is just having one of her dumb moments." Min Ji commented and Ha Rin looked highly offended. "Yah maknae ah!" She shouted, causing us all to chuckle. Taehyung was suddenly at my side, his arms looped with mine and Min Ji's. "Sit with us?" he asked softly, before pulling us along, not waiting for an answer.

"Why does he even ask?" I asked aloud, shaking my head, before calling out to Ha Rin playfully. "Once you're done sulking, come over!" Ha Rin was sulking throughout the dinner as Min Ji and I targeted her, but her eyes were shining with laugher. It was no surprise that having dinner with the boys felt natural to me, but my members sure surprised me. It wasn't long before the two felt at ease around the boys.

"See you later at practice sunbaenim." Ha Rin stated with a warm smile on her face before we separated from the boys to get into our van. With a final wave, we left the café, headed to the dance studio for practice. Ha Rin had us featuring in the title track in her solo album. And with barely a week left before the album release, practice had been intense.

The next two days passed by in a rush, with us barely noticing the time fly away as we immersed ourselves in practicing and helping Ha Rin perfect the dance routine for her title track. That evening, we found ourselves summoned again by the CEO, this time to the SBS building. As we reached the building, we found our manager waiting outside. We followed him inside the building and to what seemed to be a conference room.

He opened the door for us and shooting him thankful smiles, we walked in, only to find the room packed. There were several faces that I recognized. With a polite bow, we greeted everyone, before making our way to the empty seats left for us.

"So, now that all participating artists are here, shall we start the meeting?" A voice that I recognized as the SBS staff who visited us the other day, queried.