2nd call for help!

I was sitting at my desk doing my math homework. I was in 7th grade and was struggling a little bit so I had my mum sitting next to me helping me out.

I received another message from rochelle, usually mum doesn't let me answer my phone or messages when I'm doing homework but today was different, everyone was in a good mood, I don't know what was different about that day but everybody was happy something had happened.

I can't express the happiness around the house that day until I received the message. It felt like everything had gone bad! I started crying straight away. The message read,

"I can't take this anymore, its my brothers birthday and dad is abusing me and mum again :'( my brother grabbed a knife and said he wanted to kill himself. We are such an unhappy family why me? I have locked myself in the bathroom again :'("

What was I supposed to do? This is the second time and it seems worse, this time it included her brother, he was gonna kill himself! That's it! I have to say something but first I decided to ask her if I could tell mum.

As soon as I got a yes I went to mum on her room and showed her the message. Mum didn't think this could be true, she asked me why I didn't say anything the first time but I couldn't explain. I couldn't even answer that question for myself how could I answer it for someone else. I now regretted not saying anything because if I have said something the first time then it might not have gotten this bad.

Mum made a call to one of our teachers who just happened to be mums friend. We all decided to leave it alone for the night and let the night go on, but i didn’t want to. the longer i keep putting it off for it could possibly just get worse for Rochelle. All night i was worried until mum spoke to rochelles mum. They agreed to go out for a coffee the next day and had everything organised.

As the night went on it finally became time for bed, i put my pyjamas on, brushed my teeth and went to bed. After about 2 minutes of lying in bed, i broke down. The tears started rushing down my face and my body was uncontrollable. What was happening? I blacked out after that and don’t remember anything else from that night. was it from shock? I dont know but I knew i needed to save my best friend!