o.4 : nightmare

"markie, wake up." juhyun, stood up, shaking mark, which the startled the boy, and made him fall off the bed.

"hEYCHAN I TOLD TOU TO- oh hi uh, juhyun..." mark awkwardly chuckled, causing the girl to frown.

"you have been awkwardly laughing, talking, and chuckling, whenever i talk to you. do i...scare you ?" she turned around, with a small pout on her face.

"what." mark's eyes widened as he shook his head.

"n-no you don't scare me, its just that...i'm awkward with girls, well, besides my bestfriend." mark silently explained, mumbling the last part with a smile on his face.

"oh," she trailed off, making mark regret the last part of his explanation, and hopes she didn't hear it, "you had a best friend ? i assume she's a female, right ?"

there goes my best friend.

"well, yeah, she is. her name is nayun. im nayun." he started.

"she's been my best friend since kindergarden, we've been so close, ever since, until...she disappeared, and never told me why, or where she went. i only recieved a text message saying you're pathetic from her." mark explained, as tears started to escape his eyes.

"n-no don't cry. she's not worth your tears, markie." juhyun shook her head, then pat mark's back.

"well...thanks i guess." mark sniffed, then looked at her, examining her features.

she's beautiful...

mark hadn't realized, that she really was beautiful, unlike the other girls that he had passed by.

those girls were pretty from afar, but when they spoke, the beauty seemed to have disappeared.

and mark didn't like that.

but juhyun, was pretty, inside and out.

although, he was still doubting if she had wires inside her.

"hey ju," he trailed off, and the girl hummed in response, "how many of you are there ?"

"what do you mean ?" juhyun asked, quite uncomfortable at the sudden question.

"i mean, how many copies of yourself are there ?" mark asked, curiously.

"i'm the only one." juhyun answered, and mark's eyes widened.

"h-how ?"

"i dunno."

"you're not a robot."

"yes i am."

"yes you are !"

"i told you i'm not."

"liar."

"no."