Chapter Six: Confronting the Source

As I was helplessly floating in the darkness of the wave, I began to hear voices talking to me and I knew right away who it was: Isa.

'Michael, wake up'

'Please, Michael'

'Wake up'

From the sound of it, she was sounding desperate and begging me to wake up.  But I knew I couldn't as I have to confront the source of the tsunami and stop it from destroying Ocean City.

Just then, I saw the faint glow of something and I began swimming to it while I heard Isa's voice talking to me.

'Michael, please'

'Please, you can't do this'

'Wake up...'

It was upsetting to hear her talk to me like that, but I had a task to finish.  I honestly don't know how long I have been unconscious but I bet it was a good while if she is sounding desperate.

The glow became brighter and as I got close enough, I saw what it was: a small ball of light.  I immediately came to the conclusion that it was the source of the tsunami.  I stopped and I was right in front of it.

I grabbed the ball of light in my hands and I did what I had to do.  I began to squeeze at the ball and my goodness did my hands hurt like hell and it felt like it wasn't going to be crushed that easily.

Luckily, this was a dream so I imagined myself with super strength and when I felt stronger began squeezing it and this time, I heard it begin to give in.  Using the last of my strength, I gave it one final squeeze and the ball exploded and I was blinded by a white blinding light.

The last thing I remember was hearing the wave begin to collapse but not solid ground and hearing my cousin's voice become more clearer...

'Michael, wake up'