Chapter 9. The last.

~and then I wake up from this horrendous fever dream.~

"What..." The words tumbled out of my mouth amidst my heavy panting and sweat that soaked my shirt. My body ached like it was hit by a truck and I could hear my heartbeat as loud at the white clock ticking on the wall.

I scanned the surrounding area- The white curtain beside me, the cabinets containing various

"Ah, You're awake..." A sharp voice called from beside me. Craning my neck towards the voice, I saw the familiar streak of red hair that fell across two gorgeous amethyst eyes, ones who belonged to Takizawa Asuka. Then she sighed a sigh of relief. "Good."

"Huh?" I looked around, surprised to see not only Asuka, but Laura, Manatsu, Sango, and Minori- The entire Tropical Club was here. And to my (confused) dismay, they all looked like they had seen a bear. "What? What happened?"

"You were saying some incredibly cursed stuff while you were knocked out...-" And then Asuka was interrupted, much to her (and my) dismay.

"WE HAVE THE FOOTAGE RIGHT HERE!!" Came Laura, practically throwing her phone onto the bed I was on.

I reluctantly picked up the phone, eyes as foggy as my mind. All of a sudden, unholy screaming came over me from that phone.

I'm not dumb, Kotozume. YOU SHOULD ALREADY KNOW THAT!! I HAVE COMMON SENSE I TELL YOU, COMMON SENSE!

Oh god.

Call me Yukari from now on. Kissing noises.

Oh. God.

I definitely caught Yukari's fever... Excuse me for a second.

OH NO

I jumped and fumbled to press the holy pause button. I turned to Laura and inhaled. Deeply.

"DELETE THIS, WOULD YOU."

But Laura pulled away, quickly taking her phone back. "NOOOOO, IT'S A MASTERPIECE!"

"MORE LIKE BLACKMAIL!" I fumed. "ASUKA-SENPAI. PLEASE RESTRAIN HER WHILE I DELETE THAT CURSED THING MYSELF."

"Unfortunately, Oak, we've some questions to ask you before we do so..." Asuka sighed, peering away and running her hand through the back of her head.

NOOOOOOOOOOO...

~~~

Those questions took hours... And I think I've worsened my bonds with the Tropical Club. But to be fair, my subconscious remembrance of my cringe-worthy past on this god-forsaken website wasn't exactly something I could control. Luckily Asuka and the others understand that. But they weren't really happy with the abuse on the previous Cures and the Sailor Moon team... And who knew they would pass out themselves.

I sighed inwardly, practically trudging on the path back to my apartment. Then the faint, salty scent of the ocean breeze filled my senses and I thought, Eh. Why not go to the beach. It's kinda the calmest place I know... I pivoted on my heel, wading towards the sands which were never far away in Aozora City.

Once I arrived, I sat on the stairs leading to the peaceful beach, and enjoyed the light breeze for a second... before I heard a distinct, familiar meow and the clanking of an item on the ground in front of me. I grew curious, leaning forward and squinting to see exactly what was going on... A cat? 

With a wand? 

The aching sense of Deja Vu hit me as I stood, dusted my uniform's skirt off, and started walking towards the cat. Bending over, I picked up the wand when suddenly- 

"Heeey! Oak!" Came a familiar silly voice from behind. "Don't worryy! Asuka-senpai is not maaad!" Manatsu was yelling, since she was a little ways away from where I was standing.

And then the rest of the Tropical Club appeared behind her, all holding confused yet curious faces. My gaze returned to the wand in my hand which the cat over there gave me, and I...

Wait, the cat over there gave this to me? 

WAIT!

WHY IS IT GLOWING!?

I took a giant step back and drop the wand on the cold sands. Light still broke through as rays from the inside... And oh boy did I know what was coming up. Frantically glancing at the nearing Tropical Club, then back to the wand, then to the Tropical Club, then to the wand again, I decided that NO. I WAS NOT GOING TO MAKE THESE POOR SOULS MY VICTIMS. NOT TODAY. I reached for the wand and snatched it before Manatsu could get a hold of it and booked it to the waterline. 

And then I yeeted the damn thing into the sea. 

It was thrown so far that you couldn't even see the splash it made when it landed in the sea.

Until the waves carry it back here, I'm not touching that gosh forsaken wand ever again. 

~~~

Much questions, concerns, and complaints. Less cupcakes. Because what the hell was this series? Younger me did NOT know what good writing was and although I know this was essentially a shitpost, it was awful in a multitude of different ways. I am not the same person as back then who wrote this, I SWEAR!

~

Okay. Now that that's cleared out of the way... I'd like to mention the usage of Tropical Rouge Precure in this last chapter. Yeah. I only started watching the rest of this season in late October of 2021 and followed through with the episodes starting with the Halloween one. And man. The time I knew it while it was still airing was short, but it meant the world as I had been going through something excruciatingly hard. I loved it to bits, and I still love it and WILL still love it. 

~

In this chapter:

Rip Minori and Sango's lines, lol

Can you tell my favorite character is Asuka 

This writing is much different than how I usually write so it's much less descriptive and more rushed. 

~

CONCLUDING THOUSHGT ON THIS SERIES: 

WTF WAS I EVEN DOING 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA