Chapter 5: Drink That Punch

AN: Heyyooo check out this awesome edit/gif a really sweet person made for Jayce Stryker ;) hope you like the chapter xx

----------

It was a typical Sunday morning. We have just been let off school for spring break and my brother and I couldn't be happier. We were so excited to grab our bikes, and ride around the whole neighborhood. I heard the faint voice of our mommy calling from behind, "Have fun darlings! Don't go too far and make sure to come home by dinner!"

I gave Elliot a sideways glance, a silent agreement we had since we were seven, which meant that we would race towards that haunted neighborhood like we always used to. He nodded and we both pushed hard with our feet and took off. I was zooming so fast on my blue bike I thought I was almost going to fly. It was the best feeling in the world. The breezy weather, the smell of newly blooming flowers, the sound of the rustling leaves, and the grass dancing swiftly around us. Elliot was laughing loudly, gloating that he was beating me with just a couple of inches. I put more effort in gaining accelerAtion because I was set on beating him this time. Although he was only two minutes older than me, he would always say that this was the reason he always beat me.

Before I could contemplate and make up an plot on how to win, we were already at the opening of the haunted neighborhood. I put my leg down, wanting to get the bike to a halt. Panting, I realized Elliot had already reached before me, but I just laughed, "Hey! Come on lets turn back and race to the house!"

Elliot got off his bike and removed his helmet, a cheeky smile tugging at his lips. "No, this time," He said, placing his helmet on the hood of the bike, "this time, I'm going exploring little sis."

His tone was daring and full of confidence. I couldn't help but start to panic. "You cant! Mom has forbade us to go there! Its too dangerous Elliot come on."

Mom has always warned us about this place, saying it was full of ghosts and monsters. We used to believe her but now I was thinking that might not be true. Still, its off limits and she would go crazy if she knew we were even that close.

"Come on Ash! We just turned ten! Dont you wanna do something crazy since today's our birthday?" He said enthusiastically, stretching out his hand towards me.

A sinking feeling was forming at the pit of my stomach. Oh my god mommy would freak' was all that was dancing in the back of my head. I clasped my hands towards my chest and shook my head at Elliot's offer.

He shrugged casually, "You're a lamey lamerson."

I wanted to reply back with 'no you're mr. Lamey!' But I stopped when I saw him proceeding to take confident steps towards that dark, small neighborhood. The walls were scrappy, the windows were cracked, the floors were made of bricks, and a howling noise was erupting from inside. It reminded me of Monster House and that made it even creepier.

"Elliot!" I called to his back. He was slowly growing smaller and smaller as he went deeper into the haunted neighborhood. "Elliot! Please lets go home! The sun is starting to set!" I called again. "ELLIOT!" This time I yelled and his head turned back to me, the same dangerous and daring smile drawn on his face. "Elliot please!" I yelled again and again, my voice starting to crack. I didn't dare follow him. I didn't dare take one more step. Maybe I should call mommy so she would pull on his ear and tell him off like she always did. Yes, i should call mommy. "Elliot! I'm calling mom if you don't come back right now!"

And this time, he didn't look back, but just kept going.

Running to where I put my shiny blue bike, I quickly put the helmet on and hopped on, taking a last glance at Elliot's shadowy figure.