Strawberry Seafoam - Luisants

(A/N)
This was written on January 22 2019, Strawberry Seafoam was currently on chapter 61 "Episode 61" so this likely messes with the current story that you have read.

This song just reminded me of Luisants, so I included it for fun.

This was requested by @Lani890 hope you like it!

The darkness. I've lived here for all my life, and yet it still never felt like home.

My mother was a strong, excelled in everything at Delphic Academy. She was best friends with the queen (who was just a princess back then). She had her whole life ahead of her.

And yet, even with everything she had. She wanted more.

She betrayed her people, and plotted to over throw the queen. She almost won when she had made a deal with the sea witch, but her plans were ultimately destroyed.

My mother was banished, forced to live in the dark depths of the ocean. Not long after my fifth birthday, she had to pay her price to the sea witch. The price was her life.

I've been left alone by the witch. Probably thinking I'm dead by now.

Although I was a secret, and no one knew of my existence. I fear that I will be imprisoned if I leave these dark waters.

I sat in my little alcove. It was the only part of these waters, I would think about calling mine. The walls were covered in paintings of what I've dreamed the surface waters were like. Rainbow coral, smiling sea life, and bright blue, warm waters. It was my masterpiece.

A small glint caught my eye. My mother's baton. I would be lying if I said I never practiced with it.

Leaning over, I gripped the cold stick in my hand. Letting the song I loved play, as I sang along.

Eyes closed, I swam around the rainbows of colour around me. I knew every nook and cranny, and how to navigate them.

My voice resonated, echoing to the song. It was a duet song, but I've never met another person who I've trusted. Or who trusted me.

No one even comes around here. So it was to be expected, that I would be totally thrown off guard at a merman watching me.

I cut my song short, grabbing my baton. If I had to fight, so be it. I wasn't about to let him-

"You sounded beautiful." He said as he came closer.

I didn't respond. I didn't know how to. Kindness was such a foreign thing in this dark world.

"You're home is lovely. It reminds me of the surface." He smiled as he examined the walls.

Was he from the surface? He was green and blue, definitely not what I would have thought a merman to look like. And yet, he seemed genuine.

"You've been to the surface waters?" I asked before thinking.

"Yes. I wish I could have stayed."

"Why didn't you?"

"You know, that kind of a personal question." He laughed. Focusing his eyes on my frame.

"Well you did enter without permission. I would say that's very personal." I joked back, half serious.

"Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to, it's just that your voice and home.... are so wonderful."

"I wouldn't exactly call it a home."

He became silent. Pity flashed through his features. He must be in the same boat as me.

"Luisants." He said quietly, "My name is Luisants."