The Meeting

The whole experience of being under the spell was completely surreal for you. You felt like you were just a viewer who was watching spectacle, not having any impact on the actions or words spoken. Although fighting it was pointless, as you were too weak to even cause a more serious threat to break it, you tried every day anyway. You attempted to scream, your mind was exploding with the unfulfilled desire, duty to share the dangerous secret with everyone I MACUSA. Everything was futile. You were growing weaker and weaker every day, attempting less and less often to break free of Grindelwald's control. But days began to melt together and you didn't know how long passed since you became a visitor in your own body.

Nevertheless, you tried, you kept fighting every day, no matter how clouded your judgment was becoming. Grindelwald hasn't tried anything with you, though, just ordered you to do some mundane tasks you were always doing, but this time you spent most of the day with him, closed in the office. He was keeping watch on you and the less contact with others you had, the safer this whole operation was to him.

After about a week you were ordered to apparate by the address given by Grindelwald. By that time, you almost completely fell under the spell, your will being just a tiny spark in your head, searching for the opportunity to get free and lighten your mind, spread the thoughts to your whole body.

You tightened your coat around your neck, trying to cover yourself from the cold wind that was going through the streets of New York. You looked around quickly, noticing the surrounding.

The part of the city surrounding you definitely could not be called safe. The garbage on the streets, people dressed poorly, coughing, and countless ropes with laundry hanging from window to window on the tight lanes spreading from the main street did not exactly scream 'rich district'. The buildings were sometimes partially falling apart, windows often having broken or no glass at all. Some No-Majs on the sides looked like they were just muscle to hire, others were just lying on the sides, begging for money. The smell that hit your nostrils the moment you appareted was definitely not the light one to take on, even if you were in a trance-like state you could still feel and experience it.

Your clothing was definitely the thing that distinguished you from others, it was too new, too fresh, too elegant. Nevertheless, Grindelwald wanted you there and you could do nothing but follow. You had no say in it.

You went to one of the side alleys on the right, the one that looked a little bit better with its windows still intact, and took the second steps up, leading to an apartment complex in a tenement building. You went up to the fourth floor, the second last one, and entered.

Grindelwald was already waiting there, facing the window on your left, so you could only see his back. Of course, he was still transfigured to look like Percival, which awoke the fight inside you again.

All your instincts told you to flee or fight, but the spell was overriding them, forcing you to stay and do nothing.

"You're here, very well." The man turned around and turned his gaze to you." You are going to help me get the very last bit of information I need. The net is closing and I only have that much time in my hands..." he waved his hand and turned his step towards the front door, opening them. He gave you one last look from behind his shoulder." When you're done, dispose of him."

And Grindelwald was gone, leaving you alone in the apartment. It was simple and dirty, with almost no furniture except for a drawer and a table with two chairs beside it by the huge window in front of you. A frayed see-through curtain was fluttering in the wind that was getting into the room through a small creak. Apart from what was supposed to be a living room, there was a small toilet and a closed door on the right, judging from the size of the apartment also very small. There were some dark marks on the walls to the right, as well as on the floor, which were leading towards the right, as if something was being dragged on the ground.