being polite

Stacy -

looking at it over I see what the future's holdin'  I see demons in her eyes I see the truth disguised with lies now the pain is dead and the anger ends

but my pops ain't comin' back had he lived and did not die I swear I would've had his back.

but its too late to have regrets, time done passed, cant bring him back now my moms on crack and its just me gotta help my sis fulfil her dreams but where that leave me?

the only one out here trynna hustle, lifting they pain with my sore ached muscled.

but im strong with the mindset of a army got my best friend thank got for amoni......

  Stacy looks away from her phone with her mouth still close to the mic.

how was that?

she asked. Stacy stepped back from out of the booth and went over towards her manager, Bobby, sitting on the couch.

AMAZING!

Stacy's producer, Vick, said with nothing but amazement in his voice.

I think we got a hit C.

Bobby blurted out. Stacy was excited to drop her first mixtape. she'd been known around south central but never released a mixtape. She had only 3 music videos put on YouTube and had done a few shows. Stacy planned on sending her mixtape out to some labels hoping to get a word back from a few. Stacy didnt understand that the music industry was not that easy but giving it a shot wouldn't hurt.

well im gonna get out ah here,iight?

Bobby, more announcing than asking, as her got his things and stepped out of the studio room on his way out the building and to his car.

ima head out too,in a bit.

  Vick said. pressing button, and making small edits to the beat. Vick stayed for about five minutes and then headed out. Stacy decided to stay at the studio work more on her music. she starts a songs and starts working.

"let me tell you a story about when I was young, I didn't have many friends, and didn't have any fun cos when I was 13 all my problems begun."

Stacy nods her head to the song,making changes where it needed to be and also added things that were needed. Stacy stayed in the studio for about six hours making sure everything was perfect for when her mixtape. Stacy got her things and headed out of the studio room, out of the building to go outside. Stacy starts to walk up the street to head home. Stacy pulls out her phone, takes her earbuds out placing them in her ears and cutting some music on. Stacy put her hoodie over her head and zipped her jacket up.

  Stacy wasnt like most girls. she didn't have dolls and cute toys growing up, she's never worn a dress, she didnt go to jr. prom, she's never had a boyfriend. in fact, Stacy was a lesbian. she had always liked girls, so her boyish lifestyle never effected her in a negative way.

once Stacy finally gets home to her small but comfy and well decorated apartment, she takes off her jacket and and shoes while placing her keys on the small table by the door. Stacy walks towards her room while in process of taking her jeans off. She throws the jeans onto the bed and then comes back into the front room.

soo hungry. Stacy says to herself walking over to the little kitchen, grabbing a beer out of the fridge. Before Stacy could go over to her couch to get comfortable, she hears yelling from next door and then a loud bang outside in the hall and next doors, door slamming right after.

not again, not tonight. Stacy whines to herself, zombie-like walking out of her apartment door. Stacy is quickly and completely awaken when she sees the girl from next door laying against the wall, hurt, with tears in her eyes.

are you okay?  Stacy asks with much concern.

im fine. The girl says.

Stacy walks over to the girl, helping her up and taking her into her apartment.

I said I'm fine, really. The girl says, making a hand gesture for Stacy to stop.

no. you're not okay.....what happened over there?  Stacy says in curiosity trying to get some information out of her.

what didn't happen. The girl says, in a somewhat sarcastic tone, looking away from Stacy. Stacy leaves out her apartment to grabs the girls things that were thrown out in the hall. she comes back and sits her things by the table next to the door. closing the door behind her, and walking over to the couch sitting next to the girl, Stacy looks the girl straight in her eyes.

What's your name?  Stacy says in a serious tone.

....Rylee...you?  She replies with hesitation.

what happened over there? Stacy responses, completely ignoring her question. Rylee stays completely silent. did you get into a fight...with your boyfriend?

Rylee looks up at Stacy and slightly smiles. girlfriend. She corrects Stacy.

oohhh...so what happened with you and your girlfriend?  Stacy asks trying to suppress her smirk

maybe....one day....when i know you a little better....i'll tell you that story. Rylee says, with a mixture of a smirk and frown on her face.

well uhm, I'll go get you a blanket. Stacy gets up and walks to the back of the apartment where the small hallway is to get a blanket out of the closet. She then goes into her room and grabs a pillow. Stacy come back into the living room, handing Rylee the pillow and blanket, giving her a soft grin and then heading to her room.

As the sun starts beaming through the window, blinding Stacy through her closed eyes, she wakes to the smell of breakfast. She has a confused but somewhat happy expression. it has a been a very long time since Stacy smelled home cooking. She got out of bed, went into her bathroom across the hall, brushed her teeth and fixed her hair into a bun. She walks out to the kitchen, seeing Rylee happily cooking on stove.

hey early bird, Stacy says, slightly startling Rylee.

hey, how'd you sleep? I thought I'd make you breakfast...my way of a thank you. Rylee says, in a somewhat nervous tone.

well, that's really nice of you...I didn't even know I owned breakfast foods. Stacy chuckles.

yeah, you don't. I had to hit the market. Rylee joins in on the laugh.

They both shared a slight laugh together, and then finally sat to eat, Stacy sat the table and Rylee made the plates.

thanks again....for last night. Rylee says, trying to chew her food.

thank you for the breakfast. Stacy says with a smile.

they exchange laughs, conversations, and stories. they polite small talk is quickly interrupted, when they hear a phone ring. both looking around with a confused look. Stacy finally finds a cell phone in between the couch.

this must belong to you, She hands the phone to Rylee.

thanks, Rylee says with a exhausted tone. She takes the cell phone from Stacy and answers.

hello? yes....mhm...well you...okay...I......love you too...okay. Rylee sounded, scared and tired. mentally drained but still has a little hope.

everything okay? Stacy says.

that was my girlfriend...I have to go...thanks again for last night. Rylee left out in a rush, quickly closing the door and heading to her apartment.

damn,.. Stacy says to herself, and then goes over to the table to clean up.