Refresher/Intro

It's been a year.

A year since Robert and I were married.

I really wish that I could say this past year has been nothing but pure bliss, but I can't. It started out that way but about three months into our marriage, things got crazy.

*Flashback*

Four o'clock in the morning I wake to a sharp pain in my lower stomach. I sit up and turn on the light, putting on my glasses. I look down to see that I'm sitting in a puddle of blood and I scream.

"Robert! Wake up, we need to go!" I shake him.

"Huh? What?" He sits up and looks at me, then down at my small baby bump, then at my lap.

A tear falls from his eye as he stands up and walks out of the room.

"Indio, we have to go to he hospital! Watch the twins!" he yells and runs back to the room, helping me up and walking me to the car.

We walk into the ER and are immediately rushed to an operating room. An IV is inserted into my wrist and my vision goes black.

I wake up to the sound of a machine, matching the beat of my heart and judging by pain in my lower stomach, I'm in recovery.

"Alyssa?" Robert says, running over to me. He gives me a kiss and I gladly return it.

"Baby, what happened?" I whisper and his smile drops as the tears fall. He looks to the wall and whispers, "They made me choose. They could save you, or they could risk both of your lives and try to save her, no guarantee either of you would live. I couldn't loose you." He turns to face me and continues, "she had no chance, her lungs were failing and there was little hope. She was close to gone by the time we got here."

He tries to grab my hand but I pull it away.

*End of flashback*

I had the hardest time accepting what happened. I pushed the world out and Robert didn't know how to handle that, yet he didn't let go. In fact he wouldn't let go.

I filed the Divorce papers seven months ago and he fought the divorce for five.

It's been two months since he won that fight, and I thank the heavens that he did. He fought for me when he could have been searching for someone better, but he wasn't. He put up with all my bull shit and he's still not done with me. He looked me in the eyes the day that he talked me out of the divorce and said, "We have been through way to much shit to be pulled apart. I still love you Alyssa. You are the love of my life, and our children need you and they need me. They need us, and I know deep down inside, under all that hate that you still love me too." And he was right. I still love him and all that hate is gone now. It was there for no reason and I still find my self apologizing every singly day, after two months of finally being happy. What I did was unforgivable yet he forgave me.

I roll over in bed to see that he's still asleep and I smile. I pull down the covers and look at my small belly. Two months in and I'm starting to get that little bump.

My family is beautiful and growing. My love is strong.

_________________________________

Looks like we know what happened that night they made up. 😏 Two months together, two months pregnant, you get the point.

It's good to be back!

Don't forget to add this book to your library!