Chapter 7

{Alyssa's POV}

I'm slowly pulled out of my slumber by the absence of warmth beside me. I reach over to the other side of the bed to feel that my love is no longer there. I sigh and close me eyes, trying to force my body to go back to sleep but it's useless. After a few minutes of laying in bed I decide to get up and get a drink. I slowly pull myself from the bed and make my way to the hallway, carefully walking down the carpeted stairs. Once I reach the kitchen I fill my glass with water, taking a long drink. I turn around and jump once I see the silhouette of a body leaning on the island.

"Robert you scared me." I whisper and I hear a faint chuckle. The silhouette holds out his arms, gesturing for me to come closer. I walk up to him and close my eyes, kissing him on the lips. I quickly pull away and step back, getting a good look at his face. Judging by his crusty lips, his greasy face, and the strong taste of alcohol radiating off of him, this is not Robert.

"What's wrong baby?" He whispers. It Johnny.

"I'm not your baby!" I whisper back. He tightens his fist and takes a step towards me.

"Robert!" I scream hopping he is able to hear me.

"You're gonna wish you didn't just do that." he takes another step and my back slams against the counter. He grabs my arms and holds them above my head.

"Robert help me!" I scream again and I hear Robert running down the stairs.

"I think it's about time we get rid of the little one." His eyes make there way down to my stomach

"Robert!" I cry out and right before Johnny's fist can connect with my stomach, Robert grabs it and holds it behind Johnny's back. Johnny starts to chuckle.

"Prissy little movie stars got the moves huh?" He asks Robert.

"Get the fuck away from my wife." Robert says through his teeth.

"Awh look at you trying to be all tough and stand up for her. Listen here buddy I loved her longer than you and she loves me too. I refuse to lose her so back off." Johnny says and Robert yanks him off of me, pushing him against the fridge.

"Listen asshole, she's not yours! I don't care if you loved her before I did, she's mine now! I'm the one she married to her and I'm the one she loves! She will never be with you! So get the fuck out of my house and off of my property and never come near us again!" Johnny acts hurt for a moment but then a grin finds it's way to his face.

"It's not that easy to get rid of me you know." he winks over at me and manages to pull his hand loose and swing at Robert. Robert ducks and swings back just as police lights come into view from the window. The men are both in the floor wailing on each other and Indio, who must have called the cops, runs to open up the door. The police file in and drag Johnny off of Robert and hold the men on separate sides of the kitchen and handcuff them. My heart drops when I see the cuff being placed on Roberts wrists.

"Take them out, I need to talk to the man and the woman." Demands the officer. As soon as Robert steps out of the front door I see a camera flash. No doubt paparazzi trying to ruin our lives yet again. Just then I hear the screaming of the twins coming from the nursery.

"Indio can you get the twins and calm them down please?" He nods, still in shock, and runs up the stairs.

The officer turns to me and fakes a smile.

"So, Mrs. Downey I presume?" I nod,

"what happened leading up to this situation?"

"I woke up and wasn't able to go to back to bed so I walked down stairs to get a drink. After I got a drink of water I turned around and Johnny was standing behind me. He had been making threats towards me and my family for the past few weeks and I guess tonight was his time to take action. He wants to get rid of my growing family so what he was going to do was punch me in the stomach to get rid of the baby that I'm pregnant with but Robert heard me screaming an stopped him. That's how they ended up on the floor." He looks down and sighs.

"So Robert was the first to swing?" he asks.

"No, but when Johnny swung he missed." He look up at me, nodding his head.

"Well we're taking both of them in for further questioning. We'll call you within the next twenty four hours. Have a good night ma'am." And with that he is out the door.

My head is spinning now. What's going to happen to Robert? Why didn't the police ask for the threat evidence? What am I going to do for the next twenty four hours without Robert what if something happens with the baby and he's not here? What if the twins take their first steps?

Now I'll admit some of that's far fetched but nonetheless, I don't know what I'll do without my husband for the next day or so.

__________________________

Sorry it's really short but tell me honestly, how was it? What do you think will happen to Johnny and Robert?