Chapter 5

-Robert's POV-

Just when I get her back and things are finally getting back on track, he happens. Ever since our "almost divorce", Johnny has been acting even more strange than usual. He was always with Alyssa anytime that he got, he was always flirting and trying to hold her hand, he even tried kissing her in front of me once. One big thing that stood out to me was that he never brought Marley around any more. His child just sort of disappeared.

Alyssa's been more distant than usual ever since that night and it scares me. It's been three days and we haven't really talked much and I haven't gotten as much as a peck on the lips. It's starting to bug me but I'm not exactly sure what to do.

I can hear her walk into the living room so I follow her and sit down next to her.

"Hey.." I whisper.

"Hi" she answers.

"I love you..." I say, grabbing her hand.

"Yeah" she answers, pulling her hand away and keeping her head down.

"Please don't do this to me." I whisper after a moment of silence. She sniffs and wipes away a tear.

"You can't just disconnect yourself from me and our family any time something bad happens. We have to work through this."

"Robert, my first instinct is to protect all of you. If I disconnecting from everyone it makes it easier when I have to go. " she whispers.

"Go? what do you mean go?"

"To keep you safe I need to give Johnny what he wants and what he wants is me." She looks up at me, her eyes full of tears.

"Alyssa, you can't sacrifice yourself and our child like that." I pause to take a breath and I look away. "I can't do this without you." I whisper.

I can sense a frown forming on her face as she leans into me, giving me a hug. I grab her hand and slide my finger over her wedding ring, moving it around on her finger.

"What do I have to do to convince you not to go?" She looks away and shakes her head.

"Robert..."

"Look we can't give him what he wants. You know Johnny, he's gonna do what he wants with you and then he'll throw you to the side."

"Rob-"

"No, if you do this I will never be able to forgive myself for letting you go. Our children need you, Indio needs you, I need you. Pleas-"

"Robert stop!" she interrupts, stoping me from going on. "I'm not going anywhere." She whispers, looking up at me as a tear falls from her eye. I wipe it away with my thumb and I offer a small smile.

"-Don't leave" I finish my sentence from before and envelope her in a hug.

"I won't." she whispers. We just stand there for a little while, neither of us moving as we enjoy each others warmth. After a while we walk over to the couch and sit down. We cuddle for a while and then Alyssa looks up at me and smiles.

"What?" I ask, amused by the look on her face.

"Oh nothing, just thinking about the day we met." She smirks.

"That day didn't really play out as I expected..." I reply and we both laugh.

"And who's fault is that?" she asks and I smile.

"I wouldn't have done what I did if you hadn't been checking me out." I smirk.

"I was not!" she throws her hands up in defense.

"Oh please, you were practically drooling over me as soon as you stepped foot into my class room."

"Oh whatever." we just laugh and we sit in silence for a while until Alyssa interrupts.

"You know, I went to your house everyday after you left." She looks away and continues.

"I just kept hoping that one day you'd decide to come back and we could make things right. I would sit in my car and write you letters while I listened to the music we used to listen to together. I would sit there for an hour or so and then I'd go home. I'd take myself straight to my room and cry myself to sleep in realization that you'd never be coming home. I told my self to move on but the thought of that made me physically ill. My dad was the only one who understood me and at least acted like he cared, so when he passed all sense of sanity was out of the window. I had nothing." I grab her chin and gently turn her head to look at me.

"I'm sorry. I should have come back and tried to make things right. I should have explained. I shouldn't have let you walk away from me on the beach that day. I should have proposed." I say quietly.

"Proposed?" she asked, confused.

"I was going to propose to you on the beach. I wanted you to come with me. I never intended to let you go an I didn't know what to do when you left." I squeeze her hand.

"Why didn't you ever come back?" she whispers.

"I don't know..." I whisper back. "I guess I just thought you would never want to see me again after the voicemail that I left you. I'm so stupid."

"You're not stupid" she stops to kiss me, "you just made a stupid choice, just like I did when I left.."

"Just know that I love you, you got that?" she nods.

"I've missed you these passed three days." I whisper to her and she smiles.

"I'm sorry" she whispers back.

"I forgive you baby but you're going to have to make it up to me." I smirk.

"What do I need to do Mr.Downey?" she smirks.

"I don't know Mrs.Downey, what do you think you need to do." I reply, rubbing my hand along her leg.

"I think I've got something in mind.."

I think I like where this is going
_____________________________
Are my stories worth continuing?