Chapter 4

Max swallowed a lump in his throat as he passed the arguing Niel and Harrison, he didn't even bother to get the quarter master's shitty food.

He didn't feel like eating.

He didn't feel like anything. He just had the overwhelming desire to cut again.

Tears were threatening to fall from his eyes again.

Max sat down at Niel, Nikki and his table, but niether one of them are there.

"They don't want to deal with you today eh?" The voice echoed in the back of his mind.

'I guess not..' Max replied, he was close to tears.

He didn't want anyone to see any weakness in him, he was supposed to be the kid who cared about and felt nothing, but that was all falling apart.

Max looked around with his now blurring vision, he saw David and Gwen walking inside of the extremely loud messhall.

Max put his head down as tears started to fall.

"Worthless."

"Piece of shit."

"No one cares about you."

"David doesn't care about you..infact he wish you dead."

That was it Max broke down,dragging out heaving breaths, tears free falled don his face. His shoulders were shaking.

His ragged breaths and heaving started attracting unwanted attention of campers.

Niel and Harrison argument ended short as the whole room went silent...all besides Max's sobs.

"Uh.." Niel said quietly as he started approaching the small boy.

"Worthless." The voice hissed in the back of Max's mind.

"Worthless!" It kept repeating.

Max forcibly hugged his chest, to the point it's probably going to leave a bruise later.

He felt a warm hand on his shoulder. He looked up with his blurred vision to see a tall brunette.

"D-David?" He asked.

The Brunette chuckled for a slight moment.

"No Max, it's Niel.." he said softly.

"Oh.." was all Max replied.

"Are you okay?" Niel said not removing his hand from Max's shoulder.

"Im fine." He said, but he didn't know why, he wanted to cry more and ask for a hug, he wanted to sleep for eternity, but he said he was okay, but, he wasn't. He didn't know why.

He didn't know why he hated himself so much..he didn't know why he wanted to hurt himself again, but he did.

"Max, you don't look fine." Niel said snapping him out of his depressive mind state.

"Well I guess looks deceive, huh?" Max retorted.

"C'mon Max let's go.." Niel said softly. "You look like you need to talk to someone right now.."