New Jersey

Jake’s POV

Ugh the last thing I wanted to hear was that my mom was shipping me across the country with Isabelle! It’s not like we’re on good terms or anything and I was supposed to spend my summer with the boys’ down in Colorado! I turned the radio up and cringed as I heard “Boyfriend,” by Justin Beiber. I was about to change it when the bitch herself whined.

“Oh my gosh! I love this song!” She bobbed her head to the song and I shook my head with disgust. I reached over and changed it over to a more suitable station. Nickleback came on. Mmmmm, much better.

She grabbed the dial and switched it back. Umm I don’t think so. I changed it again. She was going to change it back when i couldn’t take it anymore.

“Enough! Jesus christ, you will listen to what I listen to when I want to listen to it.”

She looked slightly taken about at my sudden outburst, but quickly redeemed herself.

“You should see a doctor about that.”

“Excuse me?”

“Anger and yelling causes premature wrinkles. Do you want to be a bald old guy at 23?”

“What?!”

“I’m just saying, it would be a little hard if you wanted to ‘score some’ looking like my grandpa.”

“Dude, just shut up.”

She smirked to herself. “Nah I’m good.”

I groaned internally and sighed. What time is it? I looked down at my watch. 8:45. I haven’t even been in the car that long and I already want to kill her!

“Why do you  have to be so annoying?” I actually was quite curious.

“I’m annoying? I don’t think so Jack.”

“My name is Jake.”

“Yeah I know.” I groaned again.

“This is what I’m talking about when I say annoying. Like seriously, is it a hobby?” I looked over at her and she had an amused gleam in her eyes. They quickly turned into fear.

“What’s wrong?”

“‘Watch the road will you!?”

“What?” I turned my attention back to the road. Holy Shit! I swerved the car back to the right side of the street.  “Are you ok?”

“Do I look ok? You nearly killed us both!”

“Calm down, nothing happened.”

She huffed and slumped down in her seat.  Oh boy this is going to be a long trip.

Isabelle’s POV

The nerve of him. I nearly died and he thinks it’s no big deal? He is such a jerk.  I slumped further into my seat. I looked at him out of the corner of my eye and sighed. At least he’s hot, I could be stuck with worse. Nick Pasquini flashed through my eyes and my body shuddered. Ew, just ew. I turned my attention back to Jake and saw his jaw clenched. Why is he always so tense?

“I don’t know why I’m tense. I’m just frustrated.” He said smoothly.

Did I just think out loud again? Damn I should really try to do something about that.

“Yeah you should. You’re weird enough as it is.” His mouth was turned up in an amused smirk. Bastard. I punched him in the arm and let out a please chuckle when he let out a girly scream.

“‘What the hell was that for.”

I shrugged. “Nothing in particular.’”

“Bitch.”