Chapter 3

"Hi, I am Tamika and my friends and I were wondering where you were going, cause we're not sure if the is like a place for year seven or if we weren't allowed any where apart from the places that the head teacher told us?" She took a deep breath. There was an awkward silence before the boy said "I was just following some other boys so yeah", "like that helped" Em sighed. "Uh... Um thanks!" Tess chirped before walking in the other direction.

"Wait!" The boy yelled after Tess "what was your name?" "ahhh.... Tessa or my friends call me Tess, just plain old Tess ha-ha" she laughed sarcastically. "I didn't quite catch your name.." Tess tired to ask but it was to late he had already ran off with his friends. "Well, that was in between awkward and confusing" Deish said "you think?" I said with a hint of confusion.

*********

Lunch was over and it was time for LOTE. At first they didn't know what that meant until Sam number two overheard them talking about it and explained that it stood for language other than English. "So do you know what language we are learning?" Em asked, "I think Japanese" Sam said "okay thanks" deish replied. "Japanese? why out of all the languages it has to be Japanese, like why not German or French? Why Japanese?" Em practically screamed it. "Are you finished your little rant?" Tess asked laughing, "yes, yes I am" Em said with a smile forming on her face.

********

"Hello and welcome to 7o Japanese, I am Mrs Woon" the teacher said confidently. "Why do they all greet us the same way?" Deish asked "maybe it's some teacher code?" Em replied. "Guys, he is looking at me again" Tess said softly. "He is so into you and it's only your first day!" Em sighed, trust her to be a hopeless romantic.

"Okay, class listen up next lesson we are going to learn your names in Japanese, bye!" Mrs Woon said. "That took for ever!" Em exaggerated "okay I admit it was kind of boring, don't you think Tess? Deish asked "yeah" she replied but didn't move her gaze, "earth to Tess" Em and Deish said in unison "I am here!" Tess yelled.