Chapter 1

I was flying out to Salt Lake for a position with the Utah Jazz to say that I was nervous was an understatement. I knew some of the guys on the team and one of them is an old friend of mine growing up and we ran into each other in college. I get off the plane and decide to go to Starbucks to grab some coffee and a breakfast sandwich before heading to my new apartment. I walked in and ordered a vanilla latte and a bacon egg and gouda sandwich and saw Donovan Mitchell, Joe Ingles, and Rudy Gobert sitting at a table with some drinks talking about something but I couldn't hear what they were saying.

Donovan: Oh snap she's here

Joe: No way what's she here for

Rudy: One of our teammates won't be happy

Donovan: That fight has some juice

Joe: I'd pay money to see that fight

Rudy: Obviously she's out here for a reason 

I was sitting at a table checking my emails when I heard the door open and in walked the one person I knew I didn't want to see but I kind of wanted to. Growing up Grayson Allen was my best friend and we were inseparable and saw each other through everything. Growing up I was so jealous of the girls he dated and there was one I truly hated. After I was done I got up and walked out without saying a word.

Grayson: Was that who I think it was

Donovan: Oh yes it was

Joe: You sound bitter

Grayson: I'm not bitter it's been awhile since we last saw each other

Rudy: Is she dating anybody

Donavan: Last I heard she wasn't dating anybody

Rudy: Wasn't there a rumor that she was

Grayson: She denied that quickly but we should get going

I get to my apartment and open the door and hang up my coat and my purse. I walk into my bedroom and put on some sweats and a sweatshirt and put on some Netflix and watch Grey's Anatomy. I hear a knock on the door and pause the TV and I knew who it was on the other side. I open the door and I without thinking start to kiss him and I had no intention of stopping.

Grayson: Must you drive me crazy

Me: Hello to you too and the same could be said for you

Grayson: What are you doing out here

Me: I took a media relations position with the team

Grayson: We're going to have to be careful

Me: Yes this is true now can we please stop talking and continue this conversation later

He picks me up and carries me over to the couch without breaking the kiss and lays me down on the couch. The kiss gets steamy pretty quick and I do not want to stop the kiss. I remember the first time he kissed me it was freshmen year of high school in the rain on the basketball court in my parent's backyard. I start to pull away so that I can catch my breath.

The team had to play San Antonio and I was nervous because tonight was my first night. I was going through my suit case and picked out a pair of black leggings,  a cream colored long sleeve shirt, and a necklace that I was given as a gift along with a Pandora bracelet. I was studying up on things for tonight's game so that I knew what to expect. I had followed the team from the beginning and could tell where they were having issues.

I was sitting in the locker room going over things in my head of what I needed to remember. I decided to put my hair up in a bun to keep it out of my face and off my neck. I was adjusting my necklace that was a heart shaped locket that had a key with it that I got for Christmas.