Chapter 3

I love the Christmas holiday and being surrounded by friends and family. My mom would let Grayson and I decorate the tree and play some Christmas music. The bad thing about being from Florida is that it doesn't snow but in college I got use to it and living in Utah I don't mind it so much. I was sitting in the living room wrapping gifts and decorating the tree. The guys had to play Portland on Christmas Day and he couldn't play because he sprained his ankle during a game in Vegas. Grayson walked in and handed me a bowl of oatmeal to eat.

Grayson: You forgot to wrap the gifts

Me: Some I have wrapped already but I have some left to wrap

Grayson: Do you mind helping me

Me: I don't mind since you're not good at it

Grayson: Would you stop that

Me: Okay fine

I had a little oatmeal and went back to wrapping the gifts. After wrapping I went and grabbed a shower to get ready for tonight. I grab a towel and walk into the bedroom to put on some leggings and a green sweater since the jerseys were green. I walk into the bathroom and blow dry my hair and put on some makeup.

I get in my car and head to the arena to get ready for tonight. I walk inside and head upstairs to check my email and work on some things for the next few games. Donovan and Jae walked in to see what I was doing and just wanted to chat.

Donovan: Merry Christmas

Me: Merry Christmas to you too

Jae: You look like a woman who has plans later

Donovan: I don't need to know

Me: It isn't that but can someone get me some tea

Joe: Here you go

Me: Thank you

I look at the injury report and just roll my eyes. I told Jae to tell him he isn't invincible and can't risk getting more injured and having season ending surgery. Good thing the guys were at home for a few more games then on the road for the new year.

I walked downstairs and pulled out my iPad and the Apple pencil to write with for the game. This game was a big deal and it was Christmas Day no less and the guys needed a win. I was going to go back to my apartment and enjoy the rest of the holiday with some family after the game.

The defense came out to play and it should in every game. Rudy got really good on defense and showed why he got defensive player of the year last season. The team ended up winning the game 117-96 against Portland the next game was against Philadelphia on Thursday. I went out to my car to go get dinner ready for tonight if only my parents were able to fly out here.

I walk up to my apartment door and unlock it and put my coat and purse in the front entry. I walk into the kitchen and grab the things that I need to make dinner for tonight. Grayson said his parents were coming and I knew Sherry would want to help me more like she would like to do it.

I heard the door open and the drop of a workout bag and knew who just walked in. I walked out of the kitchen and walked over to find the dinning room to get everything around the table but he stopped me before I could start. I hate when he stops me when I'm in the middle of doing something important even though he might not think it is important.

Grayson: You know she's not going to let you do all of this

Me: Which is why I am getting a head start before she gets here

Grayson: I'm going to grab some candles for later

Me: Okay

I walk back into the kitchen and pull out the green bean casserole and the mashed potatoes. I grab the  homemade pumpkin pie and put it in the oven for dessert. I heard the front door open and then saw Sherry walk into the kitchen with a bottle of wine.