Chapter 2: Forks High

Hey guys! To everyone who had reached this chapter, Thankyou so much for giving this a try.
Happy reading to one and all!
_______________________________________________________
Chapter 2
Forks High

The next morning, Shyra was awake nearly an hour earlier than she was supposed to be.

"The school's already making me lose my sleep. Great." She muttered as she got out of bed, giving up on her quest to try to get some more sleep.

The water droplets on the unclear mirror told her that Charlie had already taken a bath and was downstairs probably drinking his coffee.

After getting dressed in what she hoped was decent enough for the school, she walked downstairs.

A note with car keys was left on the dining table with no Charlie in sight

"The car's right outside. Have a good day." The note written in a chicken scrawl said.

Smiling at the note and setting it aside without tearing or crumbling it, Shyra picked a green apple and walked out to find a white Honda.
_________________________
Forks High was a small school with a rather prison like feel.

Parking her car next to a black minivan, Shyra walked up to the office noting the number of students who had actually paused their conversations to turn and stare at her.

Entering the office, which in her opinion was quite similar to the reception area in the dental clinic she visited back in Phoenix.

"Hi! I'm Shyra." She chirped when the receptionist, Ms. Cope -from what her badge said- looked up at her. "Shyra Swan."

"Ah, yes of course." The woman replied, recognition shining in her eyes. "The Chief's daughter. He Registered you just last week!" She said, shuffling around to get the appropriate documents out.

"There you go, dear. Here's a map, we'll get right back to it. This paper, you need all your teachers to sign it. Here's your schedule, I'll mark the routes on the map." Shyra nodded and asked questions as the woman drew routes alternating between a blue and a black pen.

"Thank you so much." Shyra smiled.

"Oh, it's not a problem dear. Have a great day." The woman said with a motherly sparkle in her eyes.

Shyra smiled and waved as she walked out giving a final cheerful wave as she closed the door.

She skimmed over her timetable.
1- Calculus
2- AP Physics
3- AP Chemistry
4- AP English
5- Lunch
6- AP Biology
7- AP History
8- AP Economics

Shyra looked at the time table with disdain. She was hoping that all science and maths would be one half and language and humanities the other.

"Oh, that's rough. I totally get your look." A voice whispered in her ear, making her jump.

"Why would you do that?!" Shyra all but shrieked at the raven haired, lanky girl who had frightened her.

"I didn't think you'd be alarmed." She replied defensively, making Shyra scoff. "I'm Tuney and I think you should be my friend because I know my way around here and you don't. You also don't want to be sitting alone at lunch because that's what losers do. A lot of people know me so...yeah if you want a shot at popularity I'm who you glue yourself to."

"Okay." Shyra mumbled before keeping her timetable in her bag and walking in the direction Ms. Cope had told her to go into.

"Hey new girl!" She heard the girl yell behind her. Shyra raised her hand and waved it while still walking.

"I totally saw what you did there, and I officially admire you now." A female voice whispered in her right ear as an arm wrapped around her.

"Is sneaking up and whispering in strangers' ears trendy in Forks?" Shyra asked jokingly with a serious face.

"Oh darling, oh my darling, you're the new girl. And you aren't a group of six. People are going to be all over you." The girl said. "I'm Madeline, by the way. And Tuney, the charming lady you just met. Her real name is Tunasia. God knows how her parents came to the conclusion that it's a good name, they just did. She used to be a big deal back in elementary and middle school. But halfway through freshman year, she got rejected by the basketball team captain and threw a public tantrum and sort of lost her respect trying to spread rumours about him. Sophomore year totally hit on four brothers who had recently shifted back then. Two of them were in relationships and she got her ass beat by the big one's girlfriend. Word from a reliable source has it that she tried to flirt with their father not knowing that the woman next to him was his wife."

"Wow. You speak a lot." Shyra commented, a smile covering her face and showing off her dimples. "I'm Shyra. Shyra Riminique Swan. And I used my entire name because I love my middle name for some reason. And I think I'm kinda lost and when do classes even start? And you know that I did not know anyone you mentioned except, unfortunately, Tunasia. And will people continue to stare at me?"

"You didn't speak enough. I won. " Madeline started. "I'll show you the way, name the class. We have exactly...8 minutes until classes start. And I'd rather show you those people than try to explain. People will stare for a week or so. I think. You're actually quite hot, so it may be longer.  And I like your name too. You're officially SR today onwards."

"Calculus." Shyra said making Madeline grab her shoulders and turn her around. "And alright...do we have any classes together?" Already having taken out her timetable, she passed it to Madeline.

"Absolutely not. I'm not smart enough for anything on there. Well, except Lunch. Which, by the way, we do have together! My girlfriend's in your English and Economics class and she has Lunch with us. I can introduce you to some people."

"Perffffect." The new girl replied.

"And here's your destination, ma'am." Madeline said cheekily, motioning to the class with a posh hand movement.

"Thankyou Lina."

"You're most welcome Lady SR." She smiled before turning around and walking away.
________________________________________________________
Hey guys! Second update today!How was the chapter? Opinions? Please? So let me know. Leave a comment also, like, share and follow.
Thankyou and a very happy holiday season!❤️