part 5

We drove for a while, through the city and later over, what looked like an abandoned piece of land, until we got to a big building. We got out of the car and walked in, it was an empty storage unit, where instead of storages, there were rooms and it almost looked like an office. Walking in, there was a little hallway, which lead to a big room what seemed to be the main room of the building, from there you could enter a lot of different little spaces with their own purposes. The main room was almost empty, except for a few stools, a table on the left, a tool racket and maybe most important, in the middle of the room stood a chair in which a man sat, his arms and legs were taped to the chair, his head hung forwards, blood dripping down his face. Scattered around the room stood about a dozen men.

I knew what was going to happen, I had seen my father and brother do it a million of times and my father had me do it about 3 times to teach me. I took a better look at the man sitting in the chair, he had pitch black hair and somewhat pointy eats. I couldn't see his face very clearly, but I could see that his nose was rather big and he had blueish eyes.
He was wearing a simple white T shirt, a pair of easy pants and no shoes. He looked as if he had just gotten out of bed.

I waited by the entrance for a while, while uncle Fabio talked to some of the man standing in the room. Eventually he walked over to me and whispered something in my ear.

"You are going to have to show that you have power and people can't fuck with you, you think you can do that?"

I nodded.

I looked at the guy in the chair with a stone face, trying not to think about what about to happen.

Uncle Fabio walked towards the guy in the chair and went to stand behind him, putting his hands on the back of the seat.

"This is Luca DiRosso," he began "he used to be a friend of our family, but he decided to betray our trust and start working for the Martelli family, where he played all kinds of information through, so today we will punish him for his betrayal."

He looked up towards me. "This is my cousin Dominic D'Andre, he will show what we do with traiters today." He said, pointing his right hand towards me.

I looked up with a cold face, I knew I had to act like I didn't have any feelings, but I could feel my heart pounding in my throat. It wasn't like I had much of a choice, so I just told myself not to care.

I took of my jacket, walked over to Luca, put my hand in his hair and pulled his head back, so that I could look at his face. His eyes were brown, a piece of cloth in his mouth and he had blood dripping down his forehead. He looked petrified. I let go of his head and decided to smile while rolling up my sleeves, just to try and scare him for what was comming.

I walked over to the trolley that stood a few feet to the left with tools and other stuff I could use in the top layer. I rolled it over, back to Luca and started searched for a tool to use. I decided to start out with a screwdriver.

***

I fell onto my bed and just closed my eyes, it felt like the moment my back hit the bed, all the energy got drained from my body, I was so tired, but I didn't feel like sleeping. I couldn't get my mind straight, everytime I closed my eyes, I saw Luca's face, drenched in blood, eyes looking at me in terror, I could hear his muffled scream still echoing through my skull.

After a little while of laying on the bed, I got up and walked to the bathroom. When I looked into the mirror I saw that the white button up shirt I was wearing had now stains and spatters of blood all over it, my face had a mix of blood spatters and loads of sweat on it, my hair was a sweaty mess and my hands were covered in so much blood, I couldn't make out if it was mine or Luca's anymore.

I could still feel sweat dripping down my body, I felt gross, so I decided to take a cold shower and wash all the blood off of my body.

When I was done taking a shower, I went downstairs for dinner. We all sat on the dining table, uncle Fabio on the head of the table, aunt Maria at the corner on his left, his son on his right, I sat next to him, my sister on my other side and my niece sat next to her mother.

"Dominic, you did good today."
Uncle Fabio said. "Thursday night, Nino and one of his friends who work with us are doing some money collecting rounds and I was wondering if maybe you would like to go with him. I thought, since the both of you are not as childish anymore as you used to be, you may get along better now"

Me and my cousin looked at eachother.
When we were younger, we used to always fight about stupid stuff, so because of that we didn't really have a bond. We didn't have any contact apart from when we visited eachother and since we arrived in Italy we had not exchanged a word yet, but I agreed, we should probably try and see if we can get along now aday.

"I'd love to, I have hardly spoken a word with him since we've got here." I answered.

"Great, than that is settled."

----------------
Hey thanks for reading, I'm trying to upload more often, but I suck at that so idk... please leave a comment about what you think about my stories <3