part 24

"Dominic! Get dressed already! We're going to miss your brother's fucking wedding!" My dad shouted from downstairs.

"Yeah yeah, I'm almost done one second!" I replied annoyed.

"Lola is here already, what would she think of you this way!" My dad shouted again.

"Hold on I'm almost ready calm down!"

I tied my tie quickly and rushed downstairs.

"I'm here," I said as I got down.

My mom shook her head and immediately untied my tie to redo it herself.

Lola walked towards me and quickly pecked me on my lips.
She was wearing a short, white dress with a flower pattern on it. Her hair was curled and she had put a pink flower behind her ear.
"You look great." She whispered.

"So do you," I replied.

"Why'd you take so long? Everyone is ready and you're still struggling with your tie!" My dad exclaimed jokingly as he put his hand on my shoulder.

Mom let go of my tie again and started on my hair next.
I grabbed her hands.
"Mom, calm down, it's going to be alright."

I let go of her hands and pulled her into a quick hug.

"I know I know."

"She's been like this all morning, don't put any energy in trying to help her."
Angelics voice sounded from the dinner table. Legs crossed, drinking a cup of coffee.

She wore a dress matching with Lola's. Her hair sat neat, but she didn't have a flower.

"Can't blame her, I'm nervous... it's Dante remember." I joked.
She shrugged and went back to her coffee.

After everyone was done and ready to go, we got in the car and drove off.
The wedding happened at Dante's new house. It was a big house with a huge garden and easily enough space for everyone that would come to the wedding.
Even tho dad had offered to pay most of the house for him, Dante insisted on paying for it himself.

Once we arrived, there were already quite a lot of people. I knew most of them, but some I had never seen before. I didn't think much of it, probably friends or family of Violet.

We walked in and got greeted by Dante immediately.
He walked up to us with open arms to grab us into a big group hug.

all the cousins were there already, they all wore suits. the younger ones had a bowtie around their necks and the older ones wore ties. the girls wore long, white dresses.

Me and Dante sat down at a table alone and talked for a bit.
All throughout our talk, Dante kept fidgeting with his fingers.
"Are you nervous?" I asked after a bit.

"Ofcourse I am.. Dom I'm getting married, man I'm going to be a father! I'm nervous as hell." He replied with a nervous, but happy laughter through all of the sentence.

"Finally got the perfect life, no more worries, no more pain... I would kill for an easy life like that."

"You would kill no matter what, that doesn't make it special." Dante laughed.

After a bit, 5 more cars stopped infront of the door, I didn't recognize the cars and thought that most people had already arrived.

"How many people did you invite? Who are they anyway?" I asked.

"I don't know, I don't recognize them either. Maybe some distant family of Violets which she invited?"

"That much tho?" I asked.

"I don't know, we'll see."

We walked over to the window, both with a glass of wine in our hands, just watching the cars.

After a bit, the doors opened and people came out.
It didn't take long before we realized, cops! Out of each car stepped about 3, fully armored and weaponized cop and they stated to rush towards the front door.

"RUN!!!" I heard screaming and people panicking all around me.
I felt someone grab my shoulder and pulling me along. I looked over to see it was Dante, rushing me and some other people to one of the back doors. When we got there, Dante started trying to open the lock, which took a lot of fidgeting.

After he finally got it opened, he signed for everyone to get out.
"Aren't you comming Dante?" I asked quick.

"I can't leave Violet behind in all this, I have to get her first before I can leave." He answered.

"Are you sure? I can stay and help you!"

"No! Just go now, they have nothing on me anymore. You are still in the business, if they get you, you're done for, if they get me, I'll be free to go, now get the FUCK out of here! And don't try to figure out why taddled, just run!"

I nodded and ran away as fast as I could. Hearing the screaming and shouting from inside getting more quiet with every feet I ran.
I saw dad running in front of me and tried to follow him.

Most people of our household were there running aswell. Angelic and Lola ran together. They had kicked their hells off along the way to run easier. Mom wasn't there, but she had never done anything wrong, so she would probably be alright with the right lawyers.

Some cousins ran behind us, ranging in ages from around 3 year olds, that got carried by others, to 19 and 20 year olds, helping everyone get along and up and running again.

"Where are we going?" I shouted towards dad, who seemed really out of breath.

"To Tony's place, he lives closest by and has a van, we can get out of here!" He replied inbetween hasty breaths.

"What about mom and Dante? They didn't make it here!"

They'll be alright, we just need to hide for now."

"Fuck!" I exclaimed "where are you planning on hiding?"

"Just run! You'll  see when we get there! Go help out in the back!"

I nodded and then slowed down a bit to get to the back of the group. I grabbed the first little kid I could and carried them for the rest of the way. It was one of the sons of my fathers nephew, around 5 to 6 years old, but small and light weighted for his age, luckily.

We ran in a group of about 10 people, I knew more people got out, but didn't know where they had gone. Tony also stuck with our group, which was good, since he was probably going the same way as us.

After a little while we finally got there, everyone was out of breath, but we had to keep moving. Quickly into the van and we drove of. I didn't know where we were going and I didn't like it.