I Won't Forget The Good Times

Description: "When the punks started picking fights with the skater kids under city lights."

Shit, I just realized this is a Romeo and Juliet type of thing-

Travis, Awsten, and Otto: Skaters.

Geoff, Jawn, and Kellin: Punks.

2832 words.

🛹🛹🛹

"He's such a fucking asshole. He and his little group think they can just show up and-" Otto begins to rant, but Travis slaps a hand over his mouth.

Travis is the physical embodiment of peace and reason, I swear.

"Shut up! Do you really want to pick a fight with them? They carry tasers," Travis whispers, trying to calm Otto's flaring temper.

That catches my attention. "Tasers?"

Travis nods, then looks down at the ground with a sudden intense interest.

After a quick glance behind me, I realize that Geoff- the lead asshole- might have heard Otto's ill words. He's staring at the three of us like we pissed in his Cheerios.

I let my back face him again as I grab Travis and Otto by their arms and spin them around. We walk toward the back entrance of the skate park with quick paces.

"He heard me, didn't he?" Otto asks sheepishly.

Even though he was facing Geoff, he probably couldn't see him- he's damn near as blind as I am, but he refuses to wear his glasses. I don't know how he skates like that.

"Mhm," Travis and I hum at the same time, still marching toward the exit.

"Oh," Otto replies.

"Let's just get out of here. We can come back tomorrow," Travis says. He takes the lead and we head for his house.

🛹🛹🛹

A few days pass by, all spent at the skate park, and Geoff, Jawn, and Kellin are nowhere to be seen.

They have a nasty habit of sitting on ramps that are being used by skaters, and then getting mad at them when they get too close for comfort. Plus, wherever they go, a few other groups of punk delinquents that they are loosely friends with follow, and they always bring weed and alcohol, which wouldn't be a problem except they leave the bottles everywhere and there's a strict no alcohol policy. The park could get shut down if the wrong person sees them.

I hand Otto's board to him. It got away from him for a second- he's always had problems stopping both it and himself at the same time. He usually either loses it after he steps off or has to run to a stop while his board stays put.

"Thanks, Aws," He says, and we both pause to watch Travis on the half-pipe.

Suddenly, a hand grabs my shoulder, and I turn around to meet icy blue eyes and a spikey leather jacket.

"Uh," I say, startled, and stumble a bit, taking a few small steps back away from Geoff.

"Can we help you?" Otto asks, not hiding the dislike in his voice.

"Yeah, you and your buddies can clear out ASAP," Geoff says, looking directly at me.

Jesus fuckin' Christ, here we go.