blanket

***

laying in bed, my eyes fling open. taking a deep breath inhaling what the day has prepared for me. my eyes adjust to the matrix, I can't help but ponder at the flow of dusk pink light leaking through my red curtain. it feels like mother nature is reaching a hand out wanting to surround me like a familiar blanket. I growl at the thought and snuggle back into my pillows reminiscing the weeks that trailed. the lake, the arcade, the wonderful crisp late night drives to no particular destination. reliving the minutes that felt like many hours within my soul. a voice that hummed like music, singing "with you it feels like home, love." as I gawked at luna gracing us with her presence on that clear june evening.

before I could whip a grin, a blue light shined above my body that felt as if it was floating from the sea of memories. Gazing to my left with unrested eyes I spot a beautiful angel. "It is such a great photo of them." i awed to myself reaching over to the buzzing handheld device that flashed a good morning text. name read Laineybug. "this song made me think of you anon, listen to it and come stop by, we miss you already!" jolted awake by excitement I throw the blanket over the bed and skip into my master bath. with the song playing so loud I can't hear my terrible tune I jump into the hot shower, harmonized the recognizable song that played in the background at the time of one of our embraced encounters. pebbles falling down my body with my heart grasping every note. I drift away.