dance

***

opening the door I feel a cool breeze rush out. it doesn't startle myself no longer. Lain is like a fresh winter coating, a gentle frost upon the window, uniqueness and delicacy as snowflakes. it warms me. Greg is the fire burning brighter. lava waiting to erupt, the sun that interrupts my slumber, it chills my core. two opposites, hot and cold, forming an unbreakable rock. the stones I feel crashing together to make my single heartbeat. we make diamonds. the perfect combination for a trinity. I overlook his reflection in the mirror trying on seemingly dozens of glasses with gorgeous puffy green eyes. his energy pulls me forward as I jump on the bed and give a long overdue hug around his shoulders. I feel the tension release with waterfall force. "what's going on Lain?" I ask with an enthusiastic voice crack. I shudder at my awkwardness. with a sweet broken smile they reply "I can't find the frames that I know are your favorite and nothing else seems to fit me today, why am I like this." "perfect?" I interrupt unapologetic with a grin. I rip away my hands and rise from the bed to grab a random set and place on his photogenic portrait, their short mahogany bangs flirting with the top of their brow. as one swift action turning to the radio upon the shelf.

midwestern state of emergency by silverstein radiates the room. a beautiful tragic sound that seems to lift our downing emotions as I grab his hands to dance with me. smiles, hearts and eyes gleam as a laugh is released from past traumatic ties. our love is unlike any other, they need allot of reassurance I am gladly to gift in return for that angelic glow. the song dims as we meet lips, I wore strawberry chapstick just for them. my hands hold up his face like you would hold up a flower to intake its aroma. I can not resist, I must indulge in this moment. I start to shake as I resist. "not now." I tell myself. on que Greg steps into our dance floor with relaxed shoulders and a lovely glare. "c'mon I have food ready." he orders. Lain and Greg clasp together like magnets, I awe in envy of their immortal love to vast for words from this pathetic earth. I hope yet deep down know they do the same towards me. Its such a wonderful feeling as we dissent into the kitchen until nightfall.