09

ding dong ding our house door lock rings and i stand up to greet the person.

i was greeted with a familiar face. carrying a few bags of groceries, it would be none other than my mom.

"hello dear" she walks in and flips her shoes at the rag. i lean in for a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"what's up in the kitchen today?" i ask her. despite all of the food i bought just now, i can still fit in some dinner.

"seafood jjampong bap" she says with a smile and hold up the ingredients in the plastic bags.

"mmmm, yummy. you need a hand in there?" i follow my mom to the kitchen.

"it's fine, continue what you were doing before i left" she turns at me and gives me a reassuring smile. she takes out the ingredients out of the plastic bag one by one. i give her one more look before going back to study.

i watched the latest episode of busted and went ahead to study. i planned to study all the way until i'm called for dinner. i'll get a good warm shower and i'm off to bed early today. there's still school tomorrow and i don't want to be half a second earlier than the bell again.

i decided to make a head start on kinematics. it was probably the hardest 3 hours of my life. i tried to understand but i couldn't. still, i pushed because having a head start would be an advantage. and it's better to go through some difficulties now than go through it when the teacher is explaining in a speed of japan's bullet train.

back then, my seniors would tell me how difficult kinematics were and i didn't really get them. it would be okay if they understand it or do more revision on it. but the problem with kinematics is that, it's complicated. i don't understand how the working jumped from this to that. literally not making any sense. but here i am fighting it.

"sijin, the food is ready!" i hear my mom shout. i give a huge relieved sigh and dropped my pen. i i stood up from my chair and got out of my room. i was greeted by the savoring smell of the food and i couldn't help myself but to walk to the smell.

the pot was placed on the table. the smell rushes into my nose as i open the lid. it felt like heaven inside. the spice was strong that i could feel it tingle in my lungs.

"hello dear" i hear a voice from behind, belonging to my dad. i turned back to see my dad walking up to the table.

"hello dad. since when did you come?" i lean in for a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"since an hour ago" he replies and i stare in shock at the realization of me being really focused studying that i didn't even hear my dad coming in.

"ahh, i must have been very indulged in studying, i didn't hear you come in" i giggled and my dad joins me.

"okay, you two should get the table set up already" my mom stops us and orders us jokingly. we laugh at how my mom tried to look serious but failed so badly. and she joins us, realizing how she failed so terribly.

my dad and i quickly got the table set up and got ready to eat. my mom served us rice.

"thank you for the meal~" my family says in unison and we started to dig in.

"so how was school? i heard about your school trip" my dad starts a conversation.

"it was fine. about the school trip, would it be better if i don't go?" i suggest.

"it's up to you, dear. if you think you will be safe under the school's supervision, we won't stop you. but if it still bothers you, we won't force you to go as well. if you have decided to go, it would be good to have someone trustworthy to be with you in case" my mom looks at me and i nod.

"i heard that there was a way to opt out of the trip. for now, i don't think i'm ready to go back there so i'll let my teacher know in advance" i informed them and they nod.

"tell us if your teacher needs some letter or reason for opting out okay? your dad and i will settle it for you" my mom says with reassurance and i smiled gratefully.

"oh, i have a project outing on thursday to gyeonggi-do so i would like to ask permission. the project is about historical sites so my teammate and i decided to go to the royal tombs and the changdeokgung palace. we'll take a train to there" i tell them.

"i'll bring you there. it's my off day on thursday so you're in good luck. but you'll have to go home by train because i'm having company dinner at night" my mom offers and i gladly accept the offer.

dinner ended just like that and i took a 30 minute shower, making sure i'm clean head to toe. i got into my comfortable night wear and was deep asleep soon.

"sijin, wake up" my dad nudges me awake. it felt like it has only been a minute since i fell asleep but in reality, it has been 8 hours since i fell asleep.

"i'm up" i simply say and my dad walks out of my room.

i can't fall back asleep.

"sijin, it's 6.45" my dad nudges me awake again.

what just happened. i fell asleep. great, what's poppin. i have 30 minutes left.

i get up and did my usual routine. i was 5 minutes earlier today. at least an improvement. as they say, small improvements matters too.

i got my things ready and i laid down on my table for a bit until the bell rings.

i lay until i hear the door open, signalling Mr Jeon's presence. i look up to see yoonbin instead.

he walks to his sit and doesn't even give me a single look.

"hey, my mom offered to bring us to the site and i accepted it already" i smile half.heartedly.

"okay cool" he just say

"and my mom has a company dinner at night so we have to take the train home after" i inform him and he nods.

"and can you make it on 28 instead? its a weekend" i request and he looks at me, searching for a reply

"i don't think i'm available, i'll tell you soon" he says and lays down.

Mr Jeon comes in and the class greets him.

"I have some important announcement so i need all of you to pay attentio-" Mr Jeon stops and looks at my direction.

"ha yoonbin" he calmly says and yoonbin reluctantly lifts his head.

"i need everyone to listen to this because this concerns the trip. it concerns everyone even if you're going or not" he says carefully.

"so, i had some students opting out. unfortunately, no one can opt out of the trip without official documents from the doctors. if you're having financial problems, the school will subsidize. other than that, everyone has to go since it's the last trip as a cohort." he looks around as he announced to make sure everyone was listening carefully.

"those with medical documents that want to opt out, please see me with the documents prepared. if not then, have a good day" Mr Jeon dismisses us.

i hear a sigh come out from yoonbin before he went back down to sleep. why is he so against going for the school trip?

but i should worry for myself more because literally, i need to go to jeju now.

[ why do you think sijin is against going to jeju? what is she hiding? it's a long chapter omg ]

[ vote and comment~ follow for updates too ]