7 ~ Walking In The Rain

Narrators POV

It was the end of the day. Anna would've loved to think that her day went amazingly well, but to her it was the shittiest day she could've had.

Dark grey clouds sprung on the close horizon, as thunder shook the air with fear. Anna stood at her locker, staring in the space inside, thinking about a certain ginger.

She knew now she had developed a crush. Was she scared? Yes. Was she going to tell Brittany? No. Her gut told her to bottle it up, that it was just the wrong time to.

She got out her music and math book for homework, and stuffed them in her faded backpack, and with an annoyed sigh, slung it over her shoulder.

She reached into the pocket of her ripped jeans and pulled out her AirPods. The only thing that her father bothered to listen to when she read out her Christmas list the year prior. She connected them to her iPhone and shuffled her Spotify, glancing up so she doesn't run into anyone, still walking down the hallways. She had decided to leave her black earphones in her locker.

Empty by BoyInABand and Jaiden had started playing, and she was immediately reminded of her horrible past memories. She kept them a secret pretty well, as none of her best friends knew it. But it is pretty hard to keep inside that you almost killed yourself by not eating at age 14.

But that was 3 to 4 years ago. Anna really didn't want to talk about her emotional scar.

She had reached the bus bay. An open concrete area, with a handball area that wasn't covered, a covered walkway and a grass area consisted of the whole area. Anna always stood in the covered hallway, as she just wanted to be first on and off the bus.

She was leaning against one of the concrete walls, scrolling through her Instagram, and commenting on one of Rebel's latest posts.

She felt eyes on her, and glanced around. There were different groups of people. The nerds, popular people, the invisible people and the ones who just want to get through high school and be in the middle.

And that's when she spotted her.

She was talking to Anna Camp, leaning against a pole in the middle of the handball courts. Her large grin making Kendrick's stomach erupt with a feeling. A strange feeling of lust...... butterflies.

She internally groaned. She didn't want to have a stupid crush. Her only solution would have to be rather ignore her until it goes away, or tell her.

Guess what Mr Anxiety chose?

Brittany smiled at Anna, her beautiful crystal blue eyes reflecting in the last bit of sunlight left in the dark sky. Kendrick returned the smile, not like she did before, but she just couldn't help but smile at her.

And just like that her bus was called, and she rushed off at lightning speed. By the time she had entered the bus half of the kids had took up most of the seats. Huffing, Anna limped into a seat near the back, immediately looking down at her lap as the leftover kids tried to find a seat.

The ride to her stop seemed to drag on painfully slow, and the rain only got heavier and heavier every inch the bus drove.

The different girls and boys around Anna gossiped and chatted away, and the brunette swore she saw someone familiar, but shook it off.

Her stop had finally came, and Anna quickly jumped up and squeezed past the leftover people. A slightly younger boy had accidentally tripped her over on the way, making his friends laugh at Anna, but she merely scoffed out of annoyance.

She thanked the bus driver, and quickly started shuffling to her house. It was around 5 to 10 minutes away so she would have to hurry if she didn't want to get sick.

The soft sound of footsteps behind Anna alerted her. Turning around, she wiped her drenched face to see Brittany walking behind her awkwardly, umbrella in hand.

"Hey Anz, I um was about to offer you this umbrella but you seemed to be in a hurry. Don't worry by the way, I live around where you do."

The ginger smiled at her, opening her arms for Anna to go under the shelter with her. " *sigh*.... only for you little ginger." Anna teased with a smirk, walking under the umbrella.

By this point it didn't make a difference, she was drenched head to toe, but at least now she wasn't going to get sick. Hopefully.

They walked in silence up the empty streets. A misty feeling sparking around them.

Every now and again the two girls' fingers would brush, and a mysterious spark would flush between the two. The energy and tension between them was obvious, and Brittany appeared oblivious to it.

"Um.... this is my house." Anna said breaking the silence, scratching the nape of her neck awkwardly.

"Oh okay...." Brittany begun with slight disappointment in her voice. "I'll see you... tomorrow... at school I guess, shorty." She finished, smiling, giving Anna a flirtatious wink.

The brunette swallowed the lump in her throat, clearly flushed by the girl.

Suddenly the orange haired girl leaned in very close to her, their lips practically touching. "I think.. we are gunna be great friends. I'm so glad you comforted me. I thank you for that."

By this point Anna looked like a tomato, and she decided to give Brittany a taste of her own teasing medicine. Leaning in to her ear, making her lips brush the pale skin.

"Well, you could say we spooned." And with that the brunette winked and quickly ran over to her front door, leaving a flushed Brittany.

"See you tomorrow red head!" Anna yelled over the heavy rain, shutting her front door, putting her keys on the counter out of realisation.

"She just flirted with me"

The brunette put her hand over her heart, it was like it just became warm and giddy.

She rushed into the bathroom and immediately began to run the shower, taking off her clothes that were wet and sticky.

"I think I need to just think and relax."

Her day just went from shit, to incredibly flirty and exciting.