6 ~ Almost

Narrators POV

As Anna walked into school the next morning, her mind was switched dead on. Like a light switch, her brain flicked with dozens of unanswered questions, begging to be answered.

She walked over to her locker with her black earphones in her ears, rubbing her eyes, and got out her locker key. She had got to school at around 8:25am. Very early considering roll call was at 9:00am. Barely anyone walked their hallway. The girl just couldn't think, she had only gotten around 4 hours of sleep and regret was itching at her.

Anna had Music and Religion first. Grabbing her books and slamming her locker shut, locking it tight, she made her way over to the notice board and bumped into someone, making her trip.

"Oh my I'm so-."

"Oh hey..." The girl interrupted herself. Anna looked up to see Brittany looking down at her with her beautifully pale blue eyes.

"Hey Red. How are you?" Anna asked, starting a hopingly good early morning conversation.

"I'm good little shorty. How are you?" Brittany bubbly replied with.

"I'm all good. Actually, something has been bothering me lately. Since the... incident yesterday...."

"Oh? Penny for your thoughts?" The red head asked Anna patiently, her eyebrows slightly creased in a surprisingly adorable manner.

"Well I visited Alexis yesterday.... and she mentioned someone looking for a girl named Brittany. Now I don't know any other Brittany's in this school so please be honest with me. Is anyone looking for you?" Anna said looking Brittany dead in the eyes.

The red haired girl gulped hard. The brunettes beautiful ocean eyes staring deep into her own.

"N-no.... no...no one has.... w-why?" Brittany said in a nervous tone, stuttering slightly under Anna's gaze. She could tell Brittany was lying and she wanted the truth out of the girl.

Then something between the two clicked, and gravity seemed to pull them together in a magnetic dance. They slowly moved closer to each other, faces inches apart.

Anna felt Brittany's breath on her lips. She was intoxicated by the other girls smell, which confused her.

"I think I like her. Oh fuck"

"Tell me the truth. Please." Anna began to plead to Brittany, getting closer than she thought she could to the girl.

Brittany sighed. "Fine"

Anna smiled slightly out of victory, then all of sudden Brittany leaned in.

Their mouths brushed. The feeling sparking a fire inside both of the girls. Neither of them had felt anything like that before. With anyone.

"Brittany where are you? There you are girl!"

They both abruptly pulled back quickly, looking for the culprit of the interruption.

It was Anna Camp, Brittany's best friend. She was waving at the pair like crazy as she walked quickly over to them.

"Did I.... interrupt anything?" She asked curiously, as the two girls looked flustered and panicked.