5 ~ Visits

Narrators POV

The blood in Anna Kendrick's veins went ice cold. Slight drops of sweat trickled down her face and neck as she turned around in her room, facing her door, her phone lazily drooped in her hand out of shock.

"Oh my gosh. She isn't lying."

She hurriedly grabbed her worn-out brown wallet that she had placed on her drawer, and dialled Rebel.

"Come on! Pick up pick up pick up women!"

"Yes what is it short stack?"

"Rebel this is really not the time.... I just found out-."

"That someone ate the last donut? Right young lady you-."

"No! Alexis has been shot! She was the one that was shot! Can you meet me at the hospital?"

"....."

"Amyyyyy..... Reb?"

"Oh sorry, yeah...yeah I will. Fuck me why that skinny tall thing out of all of the kids?!"

"I don't know Rebel.... I don't know."

She hung up. Forcing her black cased iPhone into her tight jeans and made her way down the stairs of her home, and out the front door in a rush.

Anna had quickly grabbed a grey hoodie on the way out, and began to zip it up. It may have been the start of spring but it was still cold and very windy.

A roar of nature could be heard coming from distance dark clouds, just past the Miami town Anna and everyone lived in. She began to shiver as slight drops of rain already started to fall on her small body.

"Oh fuck this."

Anna steadied her pace to an almost jog. The heavy sounds of her footsteps echoing off of the pathway she walked on.

Around 5 minutes later Anna was nearing the hospital when the rain started to pick up its pace from sprinkling, to pure downfall. She was drenched head to toe within seconds and was left with nothing but chattering teeth.

She sprinted into the front doors of the hospital. The white and grey building brightly lit as the after noon sunshine had been replaced with a gloomy darkness because of the rain. Puffing and panting like a seemed maniac, she stepped over to the front desk that was surprisingly empty, with only the secretary left typing away at her desk.

"Is... is t-there a girl named A-Alexis Knapp here?" Anna asked breathless and with slight worry. "Alexis? Yes she was transferred here a few hours ago because of a gun shot wound. She just got out of surgery and you won't be able to visit until around.... six. So give it ten minutes?"

Anna sighed with relief. "So she's okay?"

"Yeah she should be ma'am. I'm guessing she's your friend?"

"Yeah. I don't know what I'd do without her."

The older lady secretary smiled at her. Her grey hair that complimented her freckled and wrinkled face was around to her shoulders, and she looked around mid-sixties.

Anna walked over to an empty seat in the waiting area. Rebel was still yet to arrive and her phone wasn't doing much to occupy her.

Suddenly the doors creaked open and a hurried looking Rebel stepped through the doors. Her backpack still attached to her back as she goes to the front desk, asking the very same thing that Anna had. She looks to her left and sees the shorted girl, immediately rushing over to her.

"Is she okay? When can we visit her shorty?"

"Yeah I'm pretty sure she's okay. We can visit her in around 5 minutes. The doctors need to check that everything's stable."

Rebel, for once, nodded in complete silence and understanding.

Suddenly a strong, tall man comes out. Brown hair with a complimenting beard, and kind, inviting blue eyes. "Any visitors of Alexis? Alexis Knapp? I heard there were teenagers looking to visit her."

"Yes! We've been here for around 10 minutes. The lady at the front said we couldn't visit."

"Yes only family were allowed for a couple hours but now friends can visit. The names Doctor Mark Mahone. Follow me."

They followed the doctor up a flight of stairs and turned into a small white room.

Room 212

Anna peaked into the room. The beeping of machines and wires matched the mood perfectly as the aura of sadness and fear seeped into her nose.

Alexis laid there in the bed. Silent and pale, in her white and blue gown. Tubes were in her nose, and there was a little heart monitor clamp attached to her finger.

"H-hey"

Anna heard Alexis mutter an almost silent croak.

"Lexi, hey babes, are you okay?" Anna asked sadly as a small tear formed in her right eye. Alexis replied with a weak nod, and went to sit up slowly as she slightly groaned in pain.

"Hey hey take it easy. You just got sho-."

"Alexis what bastard did this?!" Rebel asked and cut Anna swiftly off.

"Two completely different personalities."

"M-man.... b-brown hair. Can I have w-water?" Alexis asked as her voice seemed to break from being so croaky.

Anna quickly got a plastic cup from a container in the corner of the room and went to the water dispenser, patiently giving it to Alexis.

She drank it slowly, each gulp and swallow going down hard and swift.

"There was a man. With b-brown hair a-and a grey s-stubble. He had bright ocean e-eyes like I never seen before."

"That's... horrible! How did he even get in?"

"Old Rebel is about to go kangaroo on his ass!"

Again. Two completely different personalities.

"He... smashed t-the door in and demanded for a girl.... Brittany I think it was? I'm not sure because I went to crawl away and distract him from yelling at the others and he s-shot me."

Anna's eyebrows furrowed with confusion.

Brittany? Did she mean Brittany Snow?

The thought of someone wanting to hurt her haunted her mind and she shivered.

"Rebel... could she mean Snow? Brittany Snow? Who would hurt her who-."

Anna continued to ramble on and on about the ginger and who it could've been that wanted to hurt her. Alexis looked up at her with pure confusion and even slight fear as Anna's voice began to raise at every sentence she finished.

"SHORTY! Calm down. We'll figure out who did this tomorrow okay? We can..... interrogate Brittany at school. Just calm down and let Alexis rest."

Alexis smiled at them and also stared at Rebel in shock. Considering that the Australian was never serious.

"Okay.... yeah... tomorrow. Tomorrow we're figuring out who did this!"

Anna's eyes flashed with mystery, confusion, fear and anger.

"Yeah I think I'm crushing hard."