Questioning My Sanity~ Lana

"I begin to assemble what weapons I can find;

'Cuz sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been stoned out of my mind before. I know the familiar feeling of getting high, the sense of peace and serenity, of letting the feels take over your body as you throw your head back in carelessness. Also can't forget the heightened senses and the tilting way objects appear.  I've been higher than the moon; but right now the words coming out of this chick's mouth were enough to question my level of stoned. At first I assumed she said the wrong thing or that I'd heard her wrong, but when her face portrayed complete seriousness all I could do was gape at her. 

"You really expect me to believe you?" I yelled. 

"What reason do I really have to be lying to you?" she replied calmly. How could she act so passive about the words she'd just uttered? She was insane.

"How about the simple fact that you're his ex. Girls do some crazy shit over their old lovers. You're mistaken if you think I'm falling for this bullshit," I said, getting up quickly. I brushed myself off and began to walk away. 

"She's not lying," a deep voice boomed behind me.

Out of nowhere her current boyfriend Hunter appeared beside her. Relief washed over her face upon seeing him but all I thought was fantastic; another person here to persuade me to hate the one person I truly cared about. 

"And what's your take on this whole situation, buddy," I asked sarcastically. 

"Lana, you're in great danger. Please sit down so we can finish explaining," he said.

"I'm not sitting anytime soon. Please explain why I should give a fuck?" I snapped. 

He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. Surprisingly, Angel was quiet this entire time. She gazed at him adoringly while waiting for him to speak. 

"Because we hold your life in our hands, but if you don't 'give a fuck' then go ahead and walk away. Walk straight into the arms of your death; or fight it. It's up to you but don't think even for a second that Tony cares for you," Hunter said. His words knocked the breath out of me. 

They held my life in their hands? There were so many things I didn't understand in this moment, so much confusion. 

"You're thinking about trusting us, this is good. We aren't here to harm you in any way. As Natalie said; we're Angels. The good kind who only want the best for you. Will you please sit down?" he pleaded, blue eyes searching mine in the darkness. Giving in wasn't normally my forte, but somehow I found myself slowly easing down onto the soft grass once again. 

"My first question is what the fuck is your actual name?" I asked while smirking at Angel/Natalie. 

For the first time in my life I caved in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Call me Natalie. Are you ready for us to go on?" she asked with a smile. The wall that had been placed between us was beginning to fall apart piece by piece. 

"I don't have all night," I said, lying. 

"Right. So to cut to the chase I'm your Guardian Angel and my first mission is to save your ass from Tony and his crew," she said, gauging my reaction. 

"What does he want with me that's 'so terrible'?" 

Hunter and Natalie gave each other a worried look before she went on. His hand went down to grasp hers as he sat down as well. Her body instinctively leaned in closer to hers. Their love made me sick with envy sometimes because a relationship like that was hard to find.