🍒 Lie 🍒

3rd Person's POV

Baekhyun woke up, groggy and disoriented, only to realize he was lying on the floor. His back ached painfully as he tried to sit up. Pushing through the discomfort, he made his way to the bathroom.

As he stared at his reflection, the remnants of last night's tears were evident. His eyes were puffy and red from crying too much. He splashed cold water on his face, trying to wash away the remnants of his sadness.

Despite the shower's refreshing embrace, Baekhyun felt unwell. Something felt off. It had only been two days since he and Chanyeol became boyfriends, but it felt like a dream—a fragile illusion.

Chanyeol was still Chanyeol; he hadn't changed a bit. He seemed indifferent, ignoring Baekhyun and paying little attention to him.

Unbeknownst to Baekhyun, tears began to well in his eyes, mixing with the water as he silently cried, stifling any sounds that might escape his lips.

After his bittersweet morning, Baekhyun dressed in the clothes he had picked out with Chanyeol. Just as he was about to leave his room, someone entered unexpectedly.

At first, he hoped it would be Chanyeol, but to his surprise, it was...

Kyungsoo?

Baekhyun's POV

"Soo, what are you doing here so early?" I asked, forcing a smile that felt more like a grimace.

"Nothing much. Just wanted to show you something—maybe it's important. Don't you want to know?" Kyungsoo replied, plopping down on the end of my bed.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked, still avoiding his gaze.

"Hmmm... look at this! I don't know why they would do this," he said, his voice laced with mockery. "I feel so sorry for you."

I turned to face him, noticing the wicked grin on his face as he stared at his phone.

"What is that?" I inquired, moving closer.

He tossed his phone to me, and I caught it instinctively.

On the screen, a video started playing. I paused it before fully understanding what I was about to witness.

What's in the video?

"So, we all agreed, right?" Kai's voice came through, sounding casual and conspiratorial.

"But I don't understand what I need to do to make Kyungsoo stop his... you all know?" Chanyeol's voice followed.

"Do you really not know what to do?" Kris interjected, rolling his eyes.

"Do I need to act as if I love Baekhyun and confess to him so Kyungsoo will stop bothering me?" Chanyeol asked again, sounding uncertain.

"Yeah, I think that's the only way to—"

Present

I shut the phone off, feeling a wave of numbness wash over me. My body felt heavy, and tears began to brim once more.

So, it was all just an act? Did he really not love me?

"Why? Why did he do that? Why?" I cried, collapsing to the ground, sobs wracking my body.

Was playing with my feelings his idea of happiness? Out of everyone, why me?

I continued to cry until I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"You should just leave him because he's lying," Kyungsoo said with a smirk before walking out. "He still loves me. By the way, we kissed yesterday in my room."

I was lost. It felt like everyone was deceiving me. Why would Chanyeol do this if he still loved Kyungsoo?

The kiss...

I recalled everything Chanyeol had said.

"You said we kiss someone because we love them, right? But why?"

I sobbed harder, the sound echoing in the empty room until a loud bang interrupted my thoughts. Someone barged in.

I kept my head down, tears streaming down my cheeks.

Suddenly, I felt someone wrap their arms around me. The warmth of their body and the familiar sweet scent enveloped me.

"Baby? Why are you crying? Tell me what's wrong," Chanyeol said, his voice gentle as he patted my head lightly.

Gathering my strength, I pushed him away and stood up.

He looked shocked, stepping closer, but I glared at him and backed away.

"Stop right there! Don't come near me!" I yelled, my voice trembling.

"Baek, what's going on? You're not usually like this. Why are you acting out?"

"Me like this? Because of who? Because of you! You jerk! I hate you! Why? Why did you do that to me? If you just wanted to use me to get away from Kyungsoo, then why did you have to do this? Am I just a toy to you? Just someone you can use?" I yelled, fresh tears spilling down my cheeks.

He took a step forward, but I yelled again, "I said don't come near me!"

"Baek, please, listen. I don't understand what's happening. Just explain it to me."

"Explain? What about this? What is this?" I yelled, throwing Kyungsoo's phone at him.

Chanyeol looked at it, stunned.

"Baek, listen to me. That's not what you think. He's trying to trick you to stay away from me. I love you! I really do. I know I wasn't sure before, but after confessing, I realized how much you mean to me. Please, give me a chance to prove it. I'm really sorry for how things went down, but I did it for us."

"Then what about the kiss? Didn't you say we only kiss people we love?"

"I didn't mean to kiss him! He asked for a goodbye kiss on the cheek, and I didn't expect him to turn his head at the last moment. I'm so sorry!" Chanyeol pleaded, stepping closer again.

I looked up at him, still crying.

"But why did you have to kiss him? You've never done that with me. Why him?" I asked, searching his eyes for the truth.

A tear slipped down his cheek, rare and vulnerable.

"Like I said, I didn't want to. It was all Kyungsoo's trick. I'm truly sorry, okay? Please, give me another chance. I'll stop talking to him or going near him, I promise."

I took a moment to think it over and then nodded.

I'd give him a chance.

He smiled and gently wiped my tears away.

"I love you, baby!" he exclaimed, kissing my cheek softly.

I smiled back and hugged him tightly.

"I love you too! Just please don't lie to me again. It scares me; I can't stand it!"

"I'll never do that again. Now, let's go downstairs. You must be hungry, right? Don't cry over me again! It'll make you older!"

He joked, lightening the mood as we headed downstairs together.

What a great way to start the day.

To Be Continued