🍒 Accident 🍒

3rd Person POV

As Baekhyun and Chanyeol entered the dining room, an unsettling silence fell over the group. All eyes were fixed on them, a mix of curiosity and concern painting their faces.

Kyungsoo, feeling the weight of failure, plotted his next move. His initial plan to drive a wedge between Baekhyun and Chanyeol had seemed promising, but now, Chanyeol's distance only deepened his frustration.

Baekhyun, on the other hand, felt a wave of unease wash over him as he caught sight of Kyungsoo. The tension in the room was palpable, and the air was thick with unspoken words.

As everyone began to eat, the atmosphere lightened with laughter and chatter, but the knot in Baekhyun's stomach refused to loosen. After the meal, the group decided to go shopping together, and Kyungsoo tagged along, his mind racing with schemes.

"How about we split up and meet back at the entrance?" suggested Lay, and the others nodded in agreement.

As they dispersed to find their treasures, Chanyeol and Baekhyun delightedly picked out matching couple shirts and silver rings, their hearts fluttering with excitement.

After a successful shopping spree, the group reconvened at the entrance, ready to leave, when Chanyeol suddenly clutched his stomach.

"I need to use the bathroom. Wait for me, okay? Take care of yourself, Baekkie." He leaned down, pressing a gentle kiss to Baekhyun's forehead before dashing off toward the mall's restroom.

The boys laughed at Chanyeol's antics, their voices ringing out in the bustling mall, oblivious to the tension simmering just beneath the surface.

Meanwhile, Kyungsoo's gaze drifted to a quaint shop across the road, its vibrant design beckoning to him. He nudged Luhan's shoulder, sharing his enthusiasm.

"Want to check it out?" he asked, his eyes sparkling with mischief.

"Absolutely!" Luhan replied, and the pair made their way across the street.

Baekhyun, noticing them, called out, "Wait for me! I want to go too!" He sprinted toward them without a second thought, his heart racing with excitement.

"Baekhyun, wait!" Chen shouted, but it was too late.

A car sped around the corner, its tires screeching against the asphalt.

BANG!

"Baekhyun!!" Suho screamed as he rushed toward Baekhyun, who lay motionless on the ground, gasping for breath.

Blood seeped from various wounds on his body, a horrifying sight that sent a chill down everyone's spine.

"What are you all doing? Call an ambulance! Hurry!" I yelled, panic seizing my chest. Sehun quickly removed his jacket, pressing it against Baekhyun's head to stem the bleeding.

Luhan and Kyungsoo dashed back to assist, their faces pale with shock.

Suho, Sehun, Luhan, and Tao were already in tears, their hearts breaking at the sight of their friend in such pain.

Hospital

3rd Person POV

"Please, don't let anything happen to him. He's too innocent for this," Suho whispered through his tears, anxiety tightening his throat.

They waited outside the emergency room, the minutes dragging on painfully. Xiumin sobbed quietly, unable to process the trauma that had unfolded.

Chanyeol was going to be furious when he found out.

After what felt like an eternity, the heavy door swung open, and the doctor stepped out, looking exhausted.

"What the hell happened?" Chanyeol burst through the waiting area, his voice sharp with anger and panic.

"What is going on? How could Baekhyun get into this accident? I told you guys to watch over him!"

Tao hesitated, his eyes widening in horror, unable to find the right words.

"So, you couldn't even take care of him for a second? Just when I went to the bathroom..." Chanyeol's voice cracked as he punched the wall in frustration, the sound echoing through the corridor.

Kris and Kai tried to calm him, but Chanyeol's fury only escalated, an unstoppable storm.

The rest of the group fell silent, praying for Baekhyun's safety.

Three hours later...

The doctor returned, his expression heavy. Chanyeol rushed to him, gripping his arm tightly.

"Is Baekhyun okay? Please tell me he's alright!"

The doctor took a deep breath, glancing at the gathered friends, their worry palpable.

"Are you Mr. Byun Baekhyun's family?" he asked gently.

"Yes! I'm his boyfriend! How is he? Is he—"

Before Chanyeol could finish, the doctor sighed deeply.

"I'm sorry, but—"

Suddenly, Suho collapsed, unable to bear the weight of the words he feared to hear.

To Be Continued